NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Climbing in Stark, NH  (Read 475 times)

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
Climbing in Stark, NH
« on: July 01, 2013, 10:18:18 AM »

I was up in the Stark NH area looking at a piece of property yesterday - and knew there were cliffs right in the town of Stark bordering Devil's Slide State Forest (from some pics). I was surprised at their size though they did look a bit "dirty." Unfortunately I didn't have my binoculars to get a "closer look." I vaguely remember seeing something here at NE Climbs before but couldn't find anything - nor online in general. So does anybody have any information as to whether this area has had any activity?

Separately - North Percy Peak looks really cool!

Thanks everybody!

darwined

Re: Climbing in Stark, NH
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 09:45:01 PM »

I'll go check it out with you.  Looks amazing right!?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:58:36 PM by darwined »

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 12:21:09 PM »

Darwined - sent a PM...nor sure it went through as it's not in my PM box.

mopowers

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 10:17:03 AM »

Jon Sykes and Scott Lovell have recently been active at Stark. From what they have told me they have developed several 5.9 and 5.10 sport routes. Each line required very heavy cleaning of loose rock. My interpretation from what i have heard is the rock is shit and the main cliff is total shit. I will probably get a tongue lashing for saying that but thats my interpretation.

kenreville

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 01:56:16 PM »

I walked the base of the Stark cliff about 10 years ago. Although there were some interesting features, IMO the cliff is a chosspile.

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »

Thanks everyone for the feedback. By the sounds of it even if I lived in the area I'd stay away!

smartpig

• NEClimbs God
  • There is only one kind of magic and this is ‘doing
    • Valhalla Publishing
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »

Jon Sykes and Scott Lovell have recently been active at Stark. From what they have told me they have developed several 5.9 and 5.10 sport routes. Each line required very heavy cleaning of loose rock. My interpretation from what i have heard is the rock is shit and the main cliff is total shit. I will probably get a tongue lashing for saying that but thats my interpretation.

Mike Lee as well.  I hear that they have unearthed some worthy climbs.  I have not had a chance to check them out but have spied those northern cliffs for years.
Dave: you will be alright!  Just hose your self down after the tongue lashing!  :D
Jamie Cunningham
Franconia, NH

Jamie Cunningham Photography: http://www.jamiecunninghamphoto.com

The Notches guidebook Facebook page ("like" it!):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/valhallapublishing/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 23 queries.