NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12 year old Italian climbing prodigy dies  (Read 823 times)

danf

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: 12 year old Italian climbing prodigy dies
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 08:42:09 PM »

In that picture from the article, those don't look at all like the Petzl strings (rubber keeper doo dads) that I have. Are those another brand or did Petzl change them sometime in the last 10 years? You couldn't possibly do what the picture shows with the Petzl strings that I own.
Those aren't Petzl strings, at least not what we can buy here in the US.  So there's either a different version for overseas or there's other brands out there.  I bought some strings last year and they look pretty similar to this that came directly from the Petzl site:

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 09:02:19 PM »

In that picture from the article, those don't look at all like the Petzl strings (rubber keeper doo dads) that I have. Are those another brand or did Petzl change them sometime in the last 10 years? You couldn't possibly do what the picture shows with the Petzl strings that I own.
Those aren't Petzl strings, at least not what we can buy here in the US.  So there's either a different version for overseas or there's other brands out there.  I bought some strings last year and they look pretty similar to this that came directly from the Petzl site:

Yup, that's what I have too.
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

DMan

• NEClimbs God
    • My Guiding Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 09:36:25 PM »

Thanks, interesting stuff although blaming not wearing a helmet helmet is nonsense.

I didnít read all the threads, and Iím assuming his injuries may have been fatal with or without a helmet, but I think this is worth talking about.

<starting new thread on helmets and kids as it isnít specific to this incident>

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:40:09 PM by DMan »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.409 seconds with 22 queries.