General > Climbing NOT (Bitch & moan)

Got A Speeding Ticket on West Side Road

(1/7) > >>

Bill:
So the other night I'm heading up West Side Road and my buddy says I should slow down.  He says that there have been speed traps on it lately.  BS I say in all the years I have been driving up and down this thing I have never seen a cop.  Well you can guess the rest.  The cop was the damn nicest person.  He was really a very nice and pleasant guy.  Got me feeling so bad that about making him go to the trouble of having him pull me over I apologized to him about the entire thing. I ended up felling very really confused.  I got a ticket and ended up feeling good about the encounter!!! What the heck?

At any rate be forewarned.  Hopefully you will pay more attention to this than I did to my buddy's warnings.

JChepes:
People always seem to speed on this road.  It's a cut through.  I always seem to have someone riding my arse.  Contrary to what you said I see cops all the time on Westside.  Glad to see the police slowing it down.  Check your speed and enjoy the ride.  Thanks for the heads up.

Jeff:
As you discovered, and as JChepes says, cops regularly patrol the Westside road, ESPECIALLY in the summer tourist season; I've been pulled over twice over the years, luckily for warnings! Now I just set my cruise control for 38 (35 limit) and let people ride my tail--it is an attractive drive.

Further warning-- they also patrol the North-South road east of town-- speed limit there is 40 and people regularly speed-- this past Monday, on 2 trips there, I saw 2 cars pulled over--again tourist season = $ in the coffers!

DMan:
Ditto ditto. Tourist Season = speed traps roundí here. The two biggest spots on West Side are at the bottom of the little blind curve hill, there is a pull-out on the right when heading towards Conway that is blind until you are on it... I think it may be a fire department ďchargingĒ spot... and I see them sometimes staked out down Cedar Creek facing West Side... two area I ALWAYS slow down for...

I pass Jeff all the time... plenty of passing lanes on that road...

N-S is trickier. I have one warning from that road. Best to keep it under 50, itís short enough not to make a big difference...

302 from Crawford Notch to Attitash though... knock on wood I donít know how I havenít got nabbed there... I routinely do 65+ from Crawford to Bartlett village... too many sight seeírsí on my winter commute...

Admin Al:

--- Quote from: Jeff on July 13, 2013, 08:50:38 AM ---...I just set my cruise control for 38 (35 limit) and let people ride my tail--it is an attractive drive.

--- End quote ---

+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version