NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Got A Speeding Ticket on West Side Road  (Read 1385 times)

Bill

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • It's All Good, Just Climb!
Got A Speeding Ticket on West Side Road
« on: July 12, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »

So the other night I'm heading up West Side Road and my buddy says I should slow down.  He says that there have been speed traps on it lately.  BS I say in all the years I have been driving up and down this thing I have never seen a cop.  Well you can guess the rest.  The cop was the damn nicest person.  He was really a very nice and pleasant guy.  Got me feeling so bad that about making him go to the trouble of having him pull me over I apologized to him about the entire thing. I ended up felling very really confused.  I got a ticket and ended up feeling good about the encounter!!! What the heck?

At any rate be forewarned.  Hopefully you will pay more attention to this than I did to my buddy's warnings.

JChepes

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Got A Speeding Ticket on West Side Road
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 07:12:26 AM »

People always seem to speed on this road.  It's a cut through.  I always seem to have someone riding my arse.  Contrary to what you said I see cops all the time on Westside.  Glad to see the police slowing it down.  Check your speed and enjoy the ride.  Thanks for the heads up.

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 08:50:38 AM »

As you discovered, and as JChepes says, cops regularly patrol the Westside road, ESPECIALLY in the summer tourist season; I've been pulled over twice over the years, luckily for warnings! Now I just set my cruise control for 38 (35 limit) and let people ride my tail--it is an attractive drive.

Further warning-- they also patrol the North-South road east of town-- speed limit there is 40 and people regularly speed-- this past Monday, on 2 trips there, I saw 2 cars pulled over--again tourist season = $ in the coffers!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:55:08 AM by Jeff »

DLottmann

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 08:06:56 PM »

Ditto ditto. Tourist Season = speed traps round’ here. The two biggest spots on West Side are at the bottom of the little blind curve hill, there is a pull-out on the right when heading towards Conway that is blind until you are on it... I think it may be a fire department “charging” spot... and I see them sometimes staked out down Cedar Creek facing West Side... two area I ALWAYS slow down for...

I pass Jeff all the time... plenty of passing lanes on that road...

N-S is trickier. I have one warning from that road. Best to keep it under 50, it’s short enough not to make a big difference...

302 from Crawford Notch to Attitash though... knock on wood I don’t know how I haven’t got nabbed there... I routinely do 65+ from Crawford to Bartlett village... too many sight see’rs’ on my winter commute...

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 11:49:55 AM »

...I just set my cruise control for 38 (35 limit) and let people ride my tail--it is an attractive drive.

+1
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 01:07:44 PM »

Keep it at 45mph on the West Side Rd. and you'll NEVER get stopped. Been here since '87 and it's worked for me.

steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 11:42:06 AM »

I always get caught on Route 16 in Wakefield.  I have been nailed 6 times in the last 15 years (stupid me). I was coming home three weeks ago from the Mt. Washington Road Race and was pulled over at 8 AM!! The cop said I was going 81 MPH in a 45 MPH zone. I told him my car is incapable of going that fast ($278.00 was the cost). I think it is time to set the cruise control to 35.  :'( :'( :'(

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 04:12:46 PM »

I think it is time to set the cruise control to 35.

:P ya think!!
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

DLottmann

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 08:50:42 PM »

I actually got jury duty on a case in Ossipee that involved Wakefield PD... it kinda became apparent throughout the trial Wakefield PD is a bit “tough”.... I haven’t gone more than 9 miles over the speed limit on 16 in Wakefield since...

I have never been pulled over for speeding in 20 years unless it was 10+, and with my iPhone Ap clocking my speed and matching it to the current speed limit I probably feel more confident than I should.

Side note, but much easier for me to watch my speed on my window mounted iPhone right next to digital speed limit than watch the dash speedometer... combine that with a BAC app and (knock on wood), I feel quite confident I can go the next decade without a ticket....

rbirk

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 09:07:20 AM »

Isn't it silly we (including me) spend so much attention on an arbitrary number on the dashboard, instead of the actual road? It drives me totally nuts with these speed traps. These police "people" must have something better to do than sitting there waiting for the next car to drive by?

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 09:23:22 AM »

To kenreville--both times I was pulled over (and got off with a warning) I was told I was doing 42 in a 35 on the West Side Rd-- so I'm cautious-- I don't need to spend extra $ on a ticket when I'm in no rush. I've also been with friends when they were ticketed @ 45 mph--maybe just our bad luck :-\

pappy

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 10:46:51 AM »

Isn't it silly we (including me) spend so much attention on an arbitrary number on the dashboard, instead of the actual road? It drives me totally nuts with these speed traps. These police "people" must have something better to do than sitting there waiting for the next car to drive by?

Because it's all about the money.
If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough.

OldEric

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • climb on
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 12:06:45 PM »

Because this isn't Europe - here the cars suck, the drivers suck and the enforcement of the laws suck.

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 02:08:40 PM »

To kenreville--both times I was pulled over (and got off with a warning) I was told I was doing 42 in a 35 on the West Side Rd-- so I'm cautious-- I don't need to spend extra $ on a ticket when I'm in no rush. I've also been with friends when they were ticketed @ 45 mph--maybe just our bad luck :-\

I've yet to follow a Conway copper on the West Side road that doesn't do at least 40. The old "do as I say, not as I do". Between '98 and '06 I lived in N.Conway and travelled to Groveton,NH for work (65 miles away). Naturally, I bought a radar detector. One day, as I came out of Whitefield heading towards Lancaster, I tailed (way behind) a State trooper that was firing his "instant on" laser at oncoming traffic. My detector would go on and off as he fired away. Funny thing was he was travelling 75mph as he was doing this. Above the law? You betcha.

darwined

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 02:10:19 PM »

BITD you actually had to CALL the cops when something was wrong.  Somewhere along the line police work became about seeking out the "evil-doers".  Last year,  I got pulled over for a plate light out(which was just a bullshit reason to fish for a DUI).  My wife was completely embarrassed by the ear-full I gave the dumbass who pulled me over.  Oh yeah, no ticket either.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:12:41 PM by darwined »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 24 queries.