NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Got A Speeding Ticket on West Side Road  (Read 1092 times)

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Got A Speeding Ticket on West Side Road
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 04:58:43 PM »

No question that a missing license plate light is a DUI fishing expedition--likewise a faulty back up light. I've experienced both, the latter backing out of a spot at Dunkin Donuts--imagine--an officer was in that parking lot :-\

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 11:40:57 PM »

.... the ear-full I gave the dumbass who pulled me over.  Oh yeah, no ticket either.
Wow.  Impressive; more balls than I will ever have.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

darwined

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 05:46:56 AM »

.... the ear-full I gave the dumbass who pulled me over.  Oh yeah, no ticket either.
Wow.  Impressive; more balls than I will ever have.
nah, I just got chafed because it was the tail end of a really nice day with my family.  I felt like I had done nothing to deserve the demeanor the officer presented me with when I rolled down the window.  I'm certainly no Angel but, I was behaving myself that night.  Honestly, I was a bit of a hot head.  ;D

pappy

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 08:25:48 PM »

I don't really have an issue with the DUI fishing expeditions if there actually is a legitimate pretext, no matter how slight (like a tag light out) and if they're pleasant and wave you on your way quickly once they ascertain that you're not impaired. Studies show that something like up to 25% of drivers after 11PM are impaired. A couple of weeks ago in Atlanta a pedestrian wandered into the road and caused a seven car pile up. Six of the seven drivers were busted for DUI, as well as the pedestrian for public drunkeness. Must have been a NASCAR event nearby, it's not college football season yet.
If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough.

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »

Any light out is a reason for them to stop you at night.  99% of the time you will only get a warning, most of those will be verbal.  There's 2 primary reasons they will pull you over for it- the first being to make sure you know the light is out (honestly, who knows their brakelight or license plate light is out?) and the second is it gives them a reason to run your ID to make sure you have no warrants.  The second reason can be construed as fishing, but if the return on the time spent wasn't justified they probably wouldn't do it.

Earlier this year, my girlfriend got pulled over 3 times on Rt 16 between Somersworth and Ossipee for a burned out headlight.  For those that know Ossipee, the 2nd stop was in front of Beaver Hollow Campground, the 3rd was in front of Rite Aid!  Different trooper each time too...

DLottmann

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 10:22:19 PM »

Ossipee is known for tough cops and drug problems, so I’m not surprised they patrol there heavily... and a state police barracks is located there...

But what is this “license plate light out” BS? This isn’t a required feature to pass inspection so that should not warrant getting pulled over...

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 11:10:01 PM »

The way inspection works is ANYTHING that is on the vehicle as original equipment MUST be functional.
Sorry DMan, if there is a light on your license plate, it has to be working to pass inspection.

OldEric

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • climb on
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »

The way inspection works is ANYTHING that is on the vehicle as original equipment MUST be functional.
Sorry DMan, if there is a light on your license plate, it has to be working to pass inspection.

So the radio that came with the car needs to be working to pass inspection?  Use your brain - what little you have anyway.

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 08:01:48 AM »

(c) If no location has been provided by the manufacturer, the plates shall be securely mounted with a bracket or comparable method in a visible location, and the rear plate shall be illuminated by a white license plate light when the headlights or parking lights are on.

Obviously if you want to drive drunk on West Side Road make sure you turn all your lights off.

Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 08:05:22 AM »

So the radio that came with the car needs to be working to pass inspection?  Use your brain - what little you have anyway.

-bristolpipe

-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 09:29:50 AM »

ALL of your lights, horn, wipers etc...
Why are you such a rude asswipe anyway?

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 09:36:13 AM »

-bristolpipe

-Stoney Middleton

-Friar Tuck

DLottmann

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 01:06:21 PM »

Did some digging on the Ambiguous laws...

Zorzy v. Beecher, 99-E-31, (Carroll, Fauver, 10/28/99) AFFIRMED
Observed vehicle with one taillight inoperative out of four; law requires that only two taillights be operative; "It is conceded that the officer could not charge petitioner with a motor-vehicle violation. There is, however, an administrative regulation that provides that a vehicle may be rejected for inspection if 'any bulb, sealed beam, unit or lamp fails to light properly'. Accordingly, the officer was authorized to stop the petitioner's vehicle to issue a defective-equipment notice", citing Exley v. Beecher, below. (NOTE: cross-reference to section involving back of ALS form)

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/hearings/compendium/superior/forstop.html

Bottom line is you legally don’t need the license plate light to be working, and can probably pass inspection if it isn’t, BUT they can still pull you over to let you know it is broken (and fish for DUI).

After getting bullied by a NY Statie a few years ago outside New Paltz after only having 2 beers I started using a BAC tracking ap when I plan on having more than 2 and need to drive. It keeps track of time since 1st drink (and each after), ABV of beverage, weight of drinker, etc... I give my self some leeway for it being an “estimation”, but after a stop by a NH statie on my way back home from a Red Sox game I was able to calmly tell him, yes, I’ve had about 6 beers today (started with 2 during lunch at Fenway, then 4-5 at the game, now 11pm), that gave me an estimated BAC of .04, half the legal limit. One quick FST and I was on my way. He even chuckled that no one has ever admitted drinking more than 2 drinks to him before and thanked me for my honesty...

App is comically called “Can I drive yet?” if you are into apps (and beer).

OldEric

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • climb on
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2013, 01:27:20 PM »

ALL of your lights, horn, wipers etc...
Why are you such a rude asswipe anyway?

If you take being shown your wrong time after time with your attempts to over simplify things - leaving out important details - and convey it with a smug know it all superority - as rudeness - well then - I guess you get will see it that way.

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 02:40:06 PM »

Sorry oldman. You got your ass handed to ya on a basic physics problem, and now you're whimpering. Grow up. Clown.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 23 queries.