NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intro to Aid Climbing Clinic  (Read 1043 times)

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
Re: Intro to Aid Climbing Clinic
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 09:45:20 AM »

The plus side to a group course is you might meet someone, future climbing partner or maybe even a date  ;)
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

jclimbs

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 05:52:49 PM »

Wow, and I thought posting something benign in Events & Announcements would serve to promote the event (clinic).  Certainly everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I do find it a bit disturbing that folks might publicly discourage readers/climbers from attending something like this.  No sooner had I posted it than discouraging words were cast about. (Thanks to those who posted in rebuttal.) Fortunately, we got just enough people for the clinic to go, although I am not sure anyone who saw it here signed up.

DLottmann

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 06:55:28 PM »

Ah, don't pay the nay-sayers any mind. Do post up a trip report to let us know how it went!

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 09:11:32 PM »

When I was guiding I would quite often explain to clients that they will get way more education per dollar spent in a private or semiprivate day than in a group lesson.

I teach aid climbing at two people at the same time....annoying because it is so slow that....zzzz...you berely....zzzzzz.... stay ......awake.....zzzzz...... between two mistake that the climber do. More people means more action for the guide who have to look at what people do at every moment (in the nose, Yosemite, a climber lost his thumb because he place his finger at the wrong place).

So, I think that for the goal to reach, learning how to place good pro, it is a good ratio. But, if the goal is to know the level of stress I can sustain, without having an anormal reaction, a one to one ratio is better -In diving, there is a test like that. You dive and your guide keep the bottle of air for him and he keep you under the water level for a while to see if you can keep your calm in a very stressfull situation, it is not very pleasant-.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.