NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleural effusion....  (Read 1039 times)

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Pleural effusion....
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 09:50:32 AM »

Keep on keeping on man. You'll be back climbing again in no time.
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

danf

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 01:49:07 PM »

Up and around again this morning. Took 2 laps around the halls here- wasn't really trying but pretty sure it was faster than yesterdays laps. Ate lunch and was trying to nap when the doc came in and interrupted. He yanked one of the chest tubes out so its gonna be a bit before I can get back to sleep! Chest x-ray sometime yet today and hopefully discharged tomorrow around noon.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 03:37:06 PM »

+++++
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 07:05:38 PM »

PSYCH !!! Your gonna beat me by a day

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 07:18:13 PM »

Nice John! Sounds like good news.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

danf

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 08:33:20 PM »

Glad to hear you are getting out John! Now is it going to be a race to get back on the rock? I'm hoping to be roped up in 4 weeks or less...

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 09:50:15 PM »

Toasting your imminent discharge right now, John.  Hooray.
Take it easy for a while, OK?

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

danf

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 05:53:56 PM »

Sitting on my bed typing this. AT HOME!! I still have a chest tube in me- doc says x-ray shows around 350mL under the lung as of yesterday. He was guessing nearly 900mL of gelled crap before surgery. Doc decided me sitting in the hospital wasn't exactly the best thing and I decided trying to get as much fluid out as possible was going to be best; thus the reason I'm home but still with a chest tube hanging out of me. Tube is supposed to come out during my follow-up appointment next Friday.

It's good to be home!

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 06:48:07 PM »

Dude..keep it in !! that will be cool.... 8)

I tried get a cath tube to stay in my neck,but no luck.............

DaveR

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 11:23:09 AM »

Hope all goes well Dan and your back out soon!

Sent you a PM Strandman.

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 11:23:58 PM »

Glad to hear you are getting well man!!! You're on The road to recovery/ climbing from what it sounds like
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:41:05 AM by xcrag_corex »
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

danf

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 02:52:17 PM »

Last chest tube came out this morning. I was more than ready for it to come out a couple days ago..... My 'catch can'  had over 400ml of fluid in it but the x-ray that I had done yesterday showed only minor improvement in the amount of fluid under my lung. Doc says it's. A minor amount and not likely to increase in volume. Eventually it will gel and harden I guess. Regardless I'm going to have to live with a slightly reduced lung capacity.

The good news is the effusion was caused by inflammation. No idea what caused the inflammation though. Doc said 6-8 weeks before I'm back to 100% but I need to try and speed that up a bit- there's supposed to be a certain ceremony involving my fiance and me at the top of Cathedral the first weekend in October. And the plan is to climb Upper Refuse first...

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 05:24:05 PM »

Good news and congrats, Dan!
What a great time to have "a certain ceremony involving my fiance and me at the top of Cathedral" the first weekend in October.   It should be awesome then.

There was a bride-to-be who top-roped Reverse Camber in a white dress and legging a number of years back. 
http://grazierphotography.com/gallerymain.asp?GalleryID=55015&AKey=B2RVBF6S

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 06:42:49 PM »

danf- is the fluid blood or "fluid" ??? i had a bunch of clots that eventually break up..( areally fun feeling)

danf

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2013, 08:40:13 PM »

danf- is the fluid blood or "fluid" ??? i had a bunch of clots that eventually break up..( areally fun feeling)
It had some red tinge to it, but it was more fluid of some sort than blood.  It was interesting seeing more chunky stuff appear in the tube the last few days.  I'm assuming that chunky-ness was more of the adhesions finally working out.

Soon- that's awesome!  We haven't figured out all of the details just yet, so no idea what we will be wearing.  The plan is for me to lead it and her to follow, but past that I don't know.  We haven't even been on Upper Refuse yet, but I want to climb it at least 2-3 times before October so I can get it mostly dialed in.

I know I'm far from leading shape, but we're thinking about heading to Devils Den on Sunday and at least getting the kids on the rock via top rope.  I may take a trip up too.  It's amazing the difference in how I feel without that damn tube hanging out of me.  My freedom of movement alone is a huge difference- I don't have to worry about catching the tube on anything!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.