NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: warning  (Read 3119 times)

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
Re: warning
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2013, 11:07:41 AM »

The whole point of the ATC guide is to free up your hands for other tasks like photos, brewing espresso, posting on facebook etc.. 8)
And indulge in NEClimbs forums!

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2013, 11:26:36 AM »

Seriously as soon as i have tested the guide setup I feel free to a certain extent to indulge in other tasks that may help keep things moveing in a timely manner while still keeping an eye on the follower. belaying is esentually a lot like fishing. you need to get to a point where you simply know what is happening on the end of your line without haveing to actually see it.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »

And, for both activities, things get a little exciting when you "land a/THE BIG one". :):)

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2013, 08:39:54 AM »

And, for both activities, things get a little exciting when you "land a/THE BIG one". :):)

LOL!
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2013, 09:40:27 AM »

We are so far from a bad set up at a belay, on a flex flake.

maybe I should delete my thread

DLottmann

« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2013, 10:39:52 AM »

Be happy a thread of yours generated some good discussion even if it drifted slightly off topic. And BTW you can only delete your posts, the thread will still be here.

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2013, 11:10:22 AM »

Be happy a thread of yours generated some good discussion even if it drifted slightly off topic. And BTW you can only delete your posts, the thread will still be here.

I red the discussion on gri-gri versus other device so many time that it is not a discussion...so it can not be good. When people are drunk and they don't know what to say, they throw a lot of statistic about what they read here and it don't serve any thing else than giving the idea that they are good climber because they can rewrite what they wrote before.

belaying from a flex flake by obligation and describing the set up to be safe had been a better choice for that thread...as it can happen when someone climb british where coming at canon. anchoring the flex flake with stopper...doing an hanging belay instead of using the ledge to be safer, extended the anchor with the tag line to be in a good position...

and there is still accident with the gri-gri what ever you wrote

JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »

"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

DLottmann

« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2013, 05:53:51 PM »

...than giving the idea that they are good climber because they can rewrite what they wrote before...

Oh the irony
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 23 queries.