General > Rock Climbing: Trad

Rehab climbing

(1/3) > >>

danf:
I'm not quite ready (physically at least) to get back on the rock yet since I still have a tube hanging out of me after surgery last Tuesday. I'm hoping to get back out there in some fashion by the end of the month. When I do, I'll probably be looking for short approaches (1/4 mile or less is preferable but I would hope it wont be long before I can do 1/2 mile or a bit more). Unless TR is possible I'll be leading and easy to moderate routes- up to 5.6 trad or. 7-8 sport more than likely. I don't think I'll be wanting to do much more than a couple of pitches on a single route until I get some endurance back.

I know Devils Den and some places at Rumney fit the bill but any other suggestions? At some point I'm going to be looking for a top out with a good view but I might just have to kick it in the ass and get up Coyote Rain at Longstack for that...

darwined:
The slabs at Whitehorse initially.  When you start to get yur lungs back Square Ledge(the timing should be good for the leaves). Even Lost in the Sun isn't a death march ? Once you start crankin harder hit Oscar or Sugarloaf(harder approach but easier routes and unreal views).

Good luck Dan.  Shoot me a PM if you need a partner. I don't give a shit about the grades!

slink:
Dan glad you are feeling better. Mt Willard "Hugos horror" fits the bill. pretty flat approach down the RR tracks

xcrag_corex:
I second Hugo's Horror as well!!! Great route!!!

slink:
Jeremy  There is another route about 50 ft right of Hugos that is really good a little bit harder maybe 5.7???. Actually head towards across the universe and at the low point look for a bolt about 20ft up. The route heads pretty much straight up through the overlap for pitch1 then it is 3 more fun pitches straight to the top.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version