General > Beginners Area

reading a route

(1/7) > >>

lucky luke:
>Many times I watch a climber get on the wall, be it a boulder problem or a route, and storm up a few moves only to stop and begin poking forward with their nose, straining in one position trying to figure out where the hell to go next. Often this results in a sequence-botching, a wasted use of energy, and a defeated plummet to terra firma. Then they get right back on and do it again.>

Find that description on internet. My question is: reading a route correctly, without any fall at a first time, is it a beginer or a advance climber skill?

DaveR:
I read this forum.

I climb Routes! ;)

sneoh:
Good route reading is a skill we should all get better at all the time starting with Beginners. 
I do not think one can ever say I have all the route reading skills I will ever need.

perswig:

--- Quote from: lucky luke on August 12, 2013, 10:16:35 AM --->Many times I watch a climber get on the wall, be it a boulder problem or a route, and storm up a few moves only to stop and begin poking forward with their nose, straining in one position trying to figure out where the hell to go next. Often this results in a sequence-botching, a wasted use of energy, and a defeated plummet to terra firma. Then they get right back on and do it again.>

--- End quote ---

Dude, have you been following me around?  (Well, except for the bouldering thing - my Mom said bouldering leads to hairy palms.  And sport climbing.  I don't wanna risk it.)
Dale

(dammit, I just replied to a LL post)

DLottmann:
It's a advanced beginner intermediate skill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version