NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Obelisk  (Read 432 times)

WanderlustMD

• NEClimbs Full Member
The Obelisk
« on: August 18, 2013, 11:15:55 PM »

Looking for info on the obelisk. I remember a friend telling me about it, as well as sweet new england, an old Jimmy Dunn route. Both are referenced here, apparently both are at Texaco/Missing Wall:

http://books.google.com/books?id=YTVuqvPjP4MC&pg=PA248&lpg=PA248&dq=sweet+new+england+rock+climb&source=bl&ots=9HjPqjcxsM&sig=NU82AW6nrVPeVFPETcGGizFgnIM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=8owRUo_LF6amygHpyIFA&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=sweet%20new%20england%20rock%20climb&f=false

SNE has been discussed before, I think Sam was looking for it a while back. I remember seeing a picture of Jimmy on SNE in a guidebook, as well as a writeup on both climbs, but can't remember for the life of me what book. I checked the 3 ed. webster guide, as well as the new book and the Sykes guide but nothing. I think it might have been in the 2nd. ed Webster guide. Can anyone give any info on either and/or tell me which book to find it in? Anyone ever done them?

-Matt

JHandren

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: The Obelisk
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 10:43:25 AM »

Description is in Ed's second edition. V nice route, well-protected with a couple of short, tricky crux sections. 5.11b/c.
We got "Windy" Lewis all wound up by telling him that we were going to lever off the Obelisk for the FFA and rename it the Exobelisk.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 10:49:09 AM »

i found SNE pretty tough, a fine climb though.....J- didn't you do the arete there ????

WanderlustMD

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:48:02 PM »

Thanks guys, I'll have to dig up a copy of the 2nd ed. Cheers!
-Matt

klamhattenamin

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 12:18:36 PM »

Matt, You can find a copy of Ed's 2nd edition in the Robert Bates room at Philip Exeter Library...
Christopher

WanderlustMD

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 09:00:21 AM »

Matt, You can find a copy of Ed's 2nd edition in the Robert Bates room at Philip Exeter Library...

Good to know! Thanks for the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 23 queries.