NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Jolly Green Giant 5.9+, Green's Cliff  (Read 535 times)

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
The Jolly Green Giant 5.9+, Green's Cliff
« on: September 03, 2013, 08:23:37 PM »

On Saturday Jason Milford and I headed in to the Northeastern Crags of Green's and between scrubbing, looking for other possible new lines and dodging showers, I was able lead the big corner with the offwidth/chimney, right of the Bigfoot arete. I think it is a lot of fun, giving it  3 stars out of 4. It is nice and clean now and it has great quality stone, with the full range of crack size from offwidth layback, chimney to hands and finger locks.
Since much of it turned out to be bigger than originally though, I ended up partially bolting it so people didn't need to haul in a bunch of giant gear (largest BigBros). Otherwise, it protects very well with a handful of cams  and med and large wired stoppers, ( red Camalot #1, #s .3 & .4  optional) - bolted anchor.

Height - 80 feet

Location - Land of Cracks (the lower tier of the Northeast Crags, right of the big green gully), just right of the prominent sharp arete of Bigfoot Was Here.

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/the-jolly-green-giant/108320993
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
Re: The Jolly Green Giant 5.9+, Green's Cliff
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:10:53 AM »

Sweet! I'd been waiting to hear this report since seeing the photos of Bigfoot and the corner (and the phantom splitter that ended up being a tree). Haven't seen it in person yet but it looks like it's got classic potential. Glad to hear it went at a comfy grade. Congrats, and thanks!
We came to climb, not to whine.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 04:37:22 PM »

Mark- i expect to see you in Veedawoo any day now !

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »

Ha! If I only had the skills I might think of it. I am getting strangely drawn to learn how to do off-widths. I was looking forward to learning some on this, but It turned out to not require any real off-width moves. I'll have to look for another, not in a corner. I've got to pick up some trad style shoes though.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 05:02:44 PM »

My buddy bob wears Converse high tops with C4.. cheater

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 05:21:09 PM »

And you need to learn climb inverted, Mark.  Lucille beacons!

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

perswig

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »

Or BFOBB.  Puke before tying in and save yourself the trouble!  It's amazing to watch people work that.

Dale
If it's overhanging, I'm probably off-route.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 23 queries.