General > New Rock Routes

Bigfoot Was Here 12b - arete @ Green's Cliff

(1/4) > >>

M_Sprague:
This weekend Erik Thacher, Jay Conway and I cleaned and bolted a new route out at the lower tier of the NEern Crags of Green's, Bigfoot Was Here. It is a really sweet 85 foot sharp orange arete protected by bolts and gear. We are thinking around 12 a/b or b for a grade. Expecting it was going to be a lot harder, I opted for a TR ascent, then Jay cruised the lead FA. I took a bunch of pictures with Eric's phone but managed to some how cover half the lens with my finger (doh!) on many of them. If one came out maybe he will post it up or I will try to get better ones next week. I'll let Jay describe the gear as he probably remembers it better than I.

Also, Amy Colburn lead the first pitch of her crack project off to the left. No name or definitive grade yet. The second pitch looks really nice, up into a great finger crack.

strandman:
Nice !..i guess Amy's knee is better

M_Sprague:
Seemed fine. She hiked in three days this week to work on her route. On her way to Tuolumne tomorrow I think she said.

darwined:

--- Quote from: M_Sprague on August 19, 2013, 03:32:09 PM ---Seemed fine. She hiked in three days this week to work on her route. On her way to Tuolumne tomorrow I think she said.

--- End quote ---

LUCKY!

strandman:
Mark- can you get  Jay to go another hour to the main crag ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version