Author Topic: Slip of fools and Condescender  (Read 618 times)

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
Slip of fools and Condescender
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:26:05 PM »
Anyone been on these lately?  I know some were affected by the old mans tumble, but have things been fixed?

Offline frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Slip of fools and Condescender
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 09:26:27 AM »
condescender is ok.
Slip o fools P1 is ok.... i would be suspect of p2 & above.... even without the old man fall down.

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:04:43 PM »
I guess I meant Condescending?  The one that goes straight up from the belay on cnosolation prize?

Offline JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 07:40:17 AM »
If it's that 1 pitch climb that goes from the 1st belay of con prize up the nice slab... That did have some bolts sheared off from rockfall. frik and partners replaced some (maybe all?) of the sheared bolts in the last year or two. I'll ask them to comment since I can't remember if they got all of them or not.
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Offline frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 09:01:46 AM »
Joe, If you are talking about the line that goes from the p1 belay (in the hole) directly up the slab to the 2nd belay, then yes the two hangers have been replaced. The original hangers were badly bent but not sheared, the bolts looked ok.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:10:54 PM by frik »

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »
Thats the one frik.  How is it?

Offline frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 12:11:21 PM »
Joe,
It's good.... but my memory is bad. My friends just told me that we did in fact replace both bolts entirely, also that we did it last year....I was thinking maybe two or three years ago.  From the "hole" belay up to the first bolt is a little R but pretty easy. After that, you're fine.  Your only complaint will be that is isn't longer. 

Offline JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 04:05:01 PM »
Joe,
It's good.... but my memory is bad. My friends just told me that we did in fact replace both bolts entirely, also that we did it last year....I was thinking maybe two or three years ago.  From the "hole" belay up to the first bolt is a little R but pretty easy. After that, you're fine.  Your only complaint will be that is isn't longer.

frik I think both your memory and your reading comprehension are bad. Pretty sure BM looked at his notes and determined that we replaced all the hangers but left the bolts, as the bolts seemed fine. I can't be sure either though as BM can barely form a coherent sentence and I can't remember a damn thing myself anymore!

Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Offline frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:28 AM »
You could be correct....