Author Topic: Cormier-Magness  (Read 938 times)

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Cormier-Magness
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 11:05:07 PM »
Now that ya'll have delved into the better known among us...

Brandie and I went back up yesterday afternoon to do the whole route.  Got to the base in time to see a couple of guys pulling ropes.  Didn't take long to find out one of them was Grammy!  Nice to finally put a face with the name.  I think.... :D

The walk off the top turned out to be a bit more than I thought it would be.  Brandie rolled her ankle coming off of the the exposed slabs towards the top, which made progress slloooooowwwww.  She's OK, says the ankle is sore today but she did go to work.  Just really, really glad we had headlamps.

And, there is a HUGE bear around the hotel.  It was about 9:15 when I got to the car and noticed what appeared to be a boulder down by the dumpsters.  Never shined a light on it while I put my pack in the back seat.  About the time I was getting in, it started moving and I realized it was a bear.  I didn't get a good look at it with any light, but it has got to be over 300 lbs....!

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 07:57:33 AM »
Quite probably the sow who was around all last year with 3 cubs; they're probably grown and she's fattening up for another brood next year. Bears are quite plentiful in the area and have been seen all July grazing in/near the strawberry farm on West Side Rd  ;D They also frequent the dumpsters at the Lobster Trap restaurant and the blueberries on top of Whitehorse, in season-- bears have good taste!

Offline steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 05:10:24 PM »
Actually I think that was Strand rummaging around near the dumpster.

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 05:56:55 PM »
Ya, my luck LOBSTER..and i got a shellfish allergy  >:(

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 07:56:47 AM »
Ya, my luck LOBSTER..and i got a shellfish allergy  >:(

Lord have mercy, on top of everything else you're allergic to lobster! No wonder you moved west... ;-)
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 10:21:32 AM »
All shellfish..... why did the bears cross the road ?  They forgot the butter :P

Echo

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 04:12:23 PM »
I met a big bear near the base of the Dike route a couple years ago... partner thought I was joking when I said we were waiting for that big bear to move away from the cliff before heading over to Echo Roof...