Author Topic: Book of Solemity  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Chinos

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Re: Book of Solemity
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 07:38:27 PM »
I heard he got hit pretty hard out there

DLottmann

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 11:22:56 PM »
How likely is it that the leader will fall above on 5.5, if they can lead both crux pitches??

^ this

And it was newly-weds, heard the story 1st hand from the guide who saw it happen, pretty bad open fracture... donít f&%$ your 2nd on that route.

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 02:18:35 PM »
I do it with two ropes now...but I used to just solo the upper portion of Upper Refuse as DMan suggested with the .75.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline steveclimbs

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 02:05:36 PM »
Two ropes is the best way in my opinion, but using the bad dogs belay (next to the small pine tree) is the only place to belay for watching your second.  Here you can bring your second up Webster's unabridged or watch them make that weird little stepdown move after the crux.

I love that climb!

Offline terminusnout

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 08:02:55 PM »
I watched a Quebecois woman slide off that traverse during a thunder storm, she shrieked at the top of her lungs and someone in the houses below called 911, fire trucks stopped at the viewing area with N Conway pd.