General > General Climbing

Safety Concern Near Upper Refuse

(1/3) > >>

JohnR:
Two large blocks (bigger than a breadbox) are about to fall from one of the vertical cracks on the scramble just below the Upper Refuse area. 
Maybe one of the guardians of the crag can remove them when it's safe to do so.
In the meantime, be careful.

Admin Al:
I'm not sure where you are talking about? do you mean where you come across the ledge and 5.0 up to the ledge where you actually start U/R?

danf:
Yes, where are you talking about exactly? We were just up there this morning, and while I didn't notice anything I wasn't looking for it either. If its near the base of UR I was more attentive to the wet start than what could be loose. Planning on being up there again tomorrow night so I could potentially take care of them then...

darwined:

--- Quote from: Admin Al on September 15, 2013, 03:59:00 PM ---I'm not sure where you are talking about? do you mean where you come across the ledge and 5.0 up to the ledge where you actually start U/R?

--- End quote ---

I don't know if this thread is about the blocks you're referring to Al.  The blocks you reference are coming down soon though.  I almost sent one of them(accidentally) a week ago.

What's below?

JohnR:

--- Quote from: Admin Al on September 15, 2013, 03:59:00 PM ---I'm not sure where you are talking about? do you mean where you come across the ledge and 5.0 up to the ledge where you actually start U/R?

--- End quote ---
Yes, the 5.0 scramble after coming up from Fun House or Bombardment, etc. leading to the Upper Refuse terrace.  The loose blocks are in the left of the two vertical cracks (the off width crack).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version