NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tenaya Shoes  (Read 385 times)

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Tenaya Shoes
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »

These things are taking Europe (particularly Spain) in a storm!! Apparently the designer is from Boreal and was responsible for the Laser and Vector (loved both...particularly the Vector!!!)

I was able to take the Tenaya Ra's out for a spin on 3-4 pitches of varying terrain and have to tell you I was very impressed. For the past 4 years I have been solely a Scarpa man...and still love their product, but four pitches up in a somewhat aggressive slightly downturned Velcro shoe on steep slab and I totally forgot that they were on my feet.

Anyone else test drive the Tenayas last weekend during the AAC Cragging Classic? Curious to see what you thought of them.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
Re: Tenaya Shoes
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:29:37 PM »

Chris, how did you size the Ra?  Same numerical size as Vapor V?  Is the heel too loose or too high?
To give you an idea, I wear size 40 Sportiva approach shoes, 38.5 in Katana Lace, and 39.5 in Vapor V.  I could/should have gone with size 39 in the KL tho.  They hurt!!
I am interested in getting a Ra via mail order.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 12:47:12 PM »

Chris, how did you size the Ra?  Same numerical size as Vapor V?  Is the heel too loose or too high?
To give you an idea, I wear size 40 Sportiva approach shoes, 38.5 in Katana Lace, and 39.5 in Vapor V.  I could/should have gone with size 39 in the KL tho.  They hurt!!
I am interested in getting a Ra via mail order.

Hey man!

I take a 43.5/44 in the miura and most Sportivas 44.5/45 in Scarpa and 11 in Five ten. These fit a lot like the five tens but the forefoot is more comfortable. So I just went with a straight 11 and they were perfect! Real nice shoe and they use the XS Grip rubber which I think is fantastic here in NH. This is a short review I wrote up on the Tenayas on Mountain Project:

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/tenaya-climbing-shoes/107771333__4#a_108321356

Grammy
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 12:50:05 PM »

The heel cup is much better than the Anasazi..really my only gripe with that shoe, but it also comes a bit lower on the heel itself. I did notice some hot spots on my right..but that was 3 hours in a new shoe first time out...I felt nothing on the left. Similar heel cup to the Vapor V's but not as painful. I had a real problem with the heels on the Vapor V's although they did soften up over time.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »

Yeah, for me, after a couple of hours, the heel on the VV digs in as well.
So it sounds like I should start the Ra off at size 39 for me.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 01:50:08 PM »

Yeah, for me, after a couple of hours, the heel on the VV digs in as well.
So it sounds like I should start the Ra off at size 39 for me.

I would go with your street shoe size...I am an 11 and that is what I take in the Ra and the Anasazi and Galileo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.