NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deez Nutz  (Read 278 times)

goodrockrich

• NEClimbs Newbie
Deez Nutz
« on: November 28, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »

If you were in the market for a new set of stoppers would you go for offset or standard and what brand?  I'll be doing 99.9% of my climbing in New England.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Deez Nutz
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 10:49:44 PM »

My standard set of Wild Country Rocks has served me well this year.  Well, at least until the recall last month.  I just started climbing trad in the spring, so take that for what it's worth.  If you don't have any nuts at this point, based on my experience and the advice I was given before I started putting together my rack, standard nuts are fine.  Offsets would be where you want to head when you want to double up on nuts.

As for brand, I don't think it's a huge issue.  I think the most common are going to be BD.  Somewhere is a thread I started a year or so ago about building a new rack (I don't remember if it's in this forum or the trad forum).  Not sure where you are with putting together a rack, but it might be worth a look if you don't have much at this point- tho, as things go here, it did dive into discussions on the merits of tri-cams, truck tires and the number of lockers you should have as I recall! :D

goodrockrich

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Re: Deez Nutz
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 09:50:41 AM »

tho, as things go here, it did dive into discussions on the merits of tri-cams, truck tires and the number of lockers you should have as I recall! :D
LOL!! I'm starting to see the pattern. :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

mopowers

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 10:53:45 AM »

My standard rack is a full set of DMM Wallnuts with double #2 & #3. I also bring a set of micro offsets but rarely carry them while climbing. I would use this combination for anything in new England.

I don't find an offset to be useful unless it is a micro nut.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 11:42:42 AM »

WC Rocks  and at some point HB Offsets will get you geared on almost any thin stuff

I don't like the BD curve on the side..it's silly

David_G48

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »

WC Rocks  and at some point HB Offsets will get you geared on almost any thin stuff

I don't like the BD curve on the side..it's silly
John....Did you mean to say DMM Offsets? I think they now own the HB patent.

triguy

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »

I have DMM wallnuts and really like them. I have two sets of the regular and a set of the small offset. Mix and match as needed will do for just about any climb out there.
Ice has two purposes in life: climbing and watering down bad scotch!

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 04:32:53 PM »

I guess it's an age thing...maybe they should be all called British Brass
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 23 queries.