NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any government shutdown effects in the Whites?  (Read 938 times)

strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: Any government shutdown effects in the Whites?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 04:43:30 PM »

Out here we have FS folks who were cleaning up after 200,000 acre fire.. that's done for now. fucking stupid

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 12:06:01 PM »

Didn't the RCA pay for Porta-Potties at Rumney in the past with no issue, Ward?

They paid for the portable ones themselves, yes.  If you mean that the RCA gets a company to come in with their own porta-potties then that would probably be OK I think.   I doubt that the FS will let the RCA pay to clean their facilities.

Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 12:20:51 PM »

Out here we have FS folks who were cleaning up after 200,000 acre fire.. that's done for now. fucking stupid

Ugh, that sucks. I have some problems with our fire-suppression policies,  but it seems like disaster cleanup should be declared essential.

If you mean that the RCA gets a company to come in with their own porta-potties then that would probably be OK I think.   I doubt that the FS will let the RCA pay to clean their facilities.

Yeah, the USFS bathrooms (the building with the pit toilets, windows, and locking doors) have been boarded up and nobody is able to get in to them, including service people. However, the port-a-johns that are in the small lot are serviced by an outside vendor. Rose from the RCA is working on getting in touch with the vendor to pay the bill in the interim. As far as we have been able to determine, the USFS does not have a problem with it. We're not going to ask around too much, in case someone does decide to say "no".

The RCA is able to take donations via paypal now, so if y'all are interested in helping out financially, you can. EDIT: here's how http://www.climbrumney.com/support-us/make-a-donation/

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:29:23 PM by Pete Jackson »
We came to climb, not to whine.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 01:34:04 PM »

Is it kosher to link to the donation page here? If not, it's not hard to find on the RCA website.

of course, no problem...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 07:49:56 PM »

I brought extra TP up today but the porta potty was stocked in the small parking lot.  Hopefully the RCA can get them cleaned since this looks like it may go on for a while and they were fine but getting towards full.

And no Soon I am definitely not an anarchist, just a libertarian who believes that the government should (grasp) actually follow the Constitution, since it is the supreme law of the land (supposedly).  Since I believe that the government should actually follow the law, I am indistinguishable from a terrorist in the NSA's eyes.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:54:13 PM by eyebolter »

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 08:58:40 PM »

I was just yanking your chain, Ward.  I know that.  You are a good guy even tho you are a libertarian.  :)
And you are no terrorist.  The N.S.A. can go stuff it. 

P.S.  Lately NPR has been running segments on IBM's Watson supercomputer.  I can't help but think the Agency probably has 10 supercomputers at least as powerful, if not more powerful, at their disposal to invade our privacy and the privicay of everyone on this Planet with an electronic footprint whenever they see fit.  Scary stuff and not science fiction.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:05:18 PM by sneoh »

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2013, 01:32:20 PM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/10/05/news/visitors-determined-to-enjoy-closed-acadia-national-park-a-real-problem-for-rangers/

"On Saturday, he was one just four rangers on duty when a 69-year-old Portland woman fell and hurt herself while hiking on Flying Mountain and could not hike out. The woman’s companion, a registered nurse, was able to control the bleeding from a gashed knee while waiting for medical help, Pontbriand said. Another ranger checking the barricades on the west side of the park got to the scene less than half an hour after the 10:54 a.m. call and helped the woman, who was not being named in accordance with park policy."
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

bfulton

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2013, 06:21:23 PM »

I was wondering what is the situation with the WM National Forest campgrounds? Are they closed completely, i.e, chained or gated so there is no access; or is access still possible to the sites but with no services.

thanks

DLottmann

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2013, 06:48:16 PM »

I was wondering what is the situation with the WM National Forest campgrounds? Are they closed completely, i.e, chained or gated so there is no access; or is access still possible to the sites but with no services.

thanks

They are run by private concessions and therefore open.

bfulton

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2013, 07:03:03 PM »

ok, I found this on the Pro-Sports website

OPEN: ALL CAMPGROUNDS ARE OPEN except White Ledge . We are open until Wednesday the 9th of October, unless Congress can agree we will be closed until they  make an agreement. If they agree before Wednesday we will not shut down at all and if they come to an agreement on Thursday or Friday we will reopen for Columbus Day weekend!!

Campton” GROUP” area  is CLOSED permanently , the only GROUP areas “OPEN” are Osceola Vista and Barnes Field
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 24 queries.