General > Rock Climbing: Trad

Re: Local pubs

(1/4) > >>

markvnh:
...blandly boring equals consistent! Agreed you can find better beers but overall their beers for each beer type are decent. And the pub grub is the best! And Rachel is great!

DLottmann:
And they got a really nice outside patio... wow, topic drift...

JBrochu:
My problem with N.W. Brewery is they use the same yeast for most of their beers (so it all starts to taste the same to me), their seasonals are retarded (maple porter I mean WTF?), and they had the same beers for like 10 years -- although they do seem to be trying to change that more recently.

Other than that the beer is decent, I'm just bored with it.

EDIT: They do have several of the best bartenders in NH. (The dude that works weekends there and at the Cannon pub in the winter might be the greatest of all time bartender - super fast.) The Moat should think about stealing them because they need competent help at the bar.

DLottmann:

--- Quote from: JBrochu on October 03, 2013, 10:51:01 AM ---...
EDIT: They do have several of the best bartenders in NH. (The dude that works weekends there and at the Cannon pub in the winter might be the greatest of all time bartender - super fast.) The Moat should think about stealing them because they need competent help at the bar.

--- End quote ---

back off topic, The Red Parka's got some pretty damn skilled bartenders, but the food is a bit over priced and not as good as the Moat IMO...

Jeff:
Dave, I have to disagree about relative merits of food at the Moat & the Parka-- I say the Parka wins hands down! NOW we're into thread drift!! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version