NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: questions and stuff  (Read 485 times)

crazyt

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • whatever
questions and stuff
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:59:28 AM »

Maybe 20 yrs ago my friend jay and I went to crack in the woods crag where we started a new line on the right arete of the venus vemiculite corner. managed to hand drill 3 bolts free on lead up to the ledge. Went back there the other day to finally finish it and it was gone. Someone did a nice job removing the bolts as there was zero evidence they ever existed. It still looks like an attractive line to me.
 On another note, I've been doing some climbing on North Sugarloaf, Zealand area. I remember doing the routes that were in Websters guide and continued further around right(north) and found a nice wall about 70 ft high and way steep. On the far left side we climbed a nice hand crack and starting from the far right side we climbed broken rock to a beautiful horizontal crack that cut across the entire wall. Aided it clean A1 to a beautiful finish through a roof with a hand crack. Potential 5.12 for the young guns out there. Anyone know more about these routes No evidence of previous ascents but these routes probably looked even better 20 years ago so I suspect they've been done.
work hard, play harder

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: questions and stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 02:04:28 PM »

Maybe 20 yrs ago my friend jay and I went to crack in the woods crag where we started a new line on the right arete of the venus vemiculite corner. managed to hand drill 3 bolts free on lead up to the ledge. Went back there the other day to finally finish it and it was gone. Someone did a nice job removing the bolts as there was zero evidence they ever existed. It still looks like an attractive line to me.

there were a number of bolts chopped there several years ago, including a route put up by Joe Kinder. I can't remember the guy who did it, but he does a lot of ice climbing at the Lake. he gave me a lot of crap one time about my simply replacing the bolts on Rapid Transit.
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 02:35:19 PM »

WTF at chopping bolts placed on lead (or any FA for that matter) and bitching about replacing existing bolts...?  ???
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

crazyt

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • whatever
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 03:03:12 AM »

Not looking to stir the pot or anything. Like I said, it's been 20 yrs. Would have prefered to see someone finish it :)

Anyone familiar with N Loaf? That line my friend jay lena and I aided was the shiz. Someone has to know something.

Tom Bowker
work hard, play harder

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 07:00:52 AM »

Anyone familiar with N Loaf? That line my friend jay lena and I aided was the shiz. Someone has to know something.

I would think that Jamie Cunningham (aka smartpig) would know...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 23 queries.