Hydration while climbing:
2) Sports drink
4) Just suck on the lichen
1) Hi tech sports drink to replace precious electrolytes
2) Beer, because the only point of climbing is to have one afterwards.
3) Whiskey, to dull the pain and enhance the retelling of epic stories
4) All of the above
Drugs while climbing:
1) Big hit of caffeine.
2) A quick bowl to gather courage.
3) Climbing is the only drug I need.
4) Jesus is the only drug I need.
Identify most with which following statement.
1) Sick hard problems are where its at, yo. You mean there's roped climbing at the Gunks?
2) I'll drive 10 hours to climb at Rumney, its so rad. Screwing around with gear is for old, bearded geezers with silly plastic hats on their heads.
3) The only Ethically Pure (TM) way to scale a precipice is to climb as our forefathers, and shun permanently fixed expansion bolts (but don't remove those pitons, eh?). And, Cathedral 5.8 is 10c at Rumney.
4) I plumb the dark depths of my soul by courting the cruel mistress of the cold alpine and pushing the envelope of extreme, unleashing my Alpine Ubermensh... uhhh...umm... in Huntington Ravine (hey, shut up, Mt. Washington's got the Worst Weather On Earth, Nanga Parbat's got nothin' on it).
5) Never leave the gym, but dig the mags, eh?
I am a NECLIMBS junkie because
1) The bolting/ no bolting argument never gets old.
2) I am mesmerized by the bug-o-meter.
3) I am secretly in love with Tradmanclimbz.
4) Like many North Americans, I find myself behind a computer at an undemanding job dreaming of the couple of days a week I can bolt.