NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ArcTeryx Alpha SV Gloves  (Read 457 times)

Hellmans

• NEClimbs Newbie
ArcTeryx Alpha SV Gloves
« on: October 07, 2013, 09:48:01 PM »

I would like to know if anyone here is using the alpha SV gloves from ArcTeryx for ice climbing and how do you like them ? I know the price is a killer but I've tried a lot of thing and the story is often the same: too hot, too cold, always wet and poor dexterity... Almost sound like someone I know... Anyway if you have personnal experience with these gloves or the beta version please share. Other top gloves please let me know :-)

ELM

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: ArcTeryx Alpha SV Gloves
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 08:45:43 AM »

I have not tried the Arcteryx gloves you mentioned. That type of gauntlet really looks good for a ski glove though.
    The glove I use most for ice climbing and have never had an issue with the First Ascent Guide Glove. I have one pair that is now going on their 5th season and they are going strong. I did re-waterproof them last year with nikwax spray. I wasn't getting wet but the leather was. I have never had wet or cold hands in these and the dexterity is good enough for me to easily tie knots.
    http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=44932&&categoryId=28531&categoryName=GLOVES--HATS&pCategoryId=28475&pCategoryName=FIRST-ASCENT&gpCategoryId=1&gpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=28531~~categoryName=GLOVES--HATS~~pCategoryId=28475~~pCategoryName=FIRST-ASCENT~~gpCategoryId=1~~gpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=n&pg=1&cmPathInfo=null
Ed Matt
" I release my attention: because of you now I am in danger!!! " -Champ

DLottmann

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »

Iíve always love ice climbing in the Black Diamond Torque.

Disclaimer you must have warm hands to pull this off!

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=black+diamond+torque+glove&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

ralbert20

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 01:51:58 PM »

Just saw this thread. The Alphas are not suited to ice climbing - they are way too bulky. I can't feel the screws. I usually use them over a pair of AT Cam SV gloves to keep me warm at the belays. I am also on a quest for the perfect glove system. This year I plan on trying a pair of Pearl Izumi waterproof bike gloves under another pair of gloves...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 23 queries.