NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Climbing is beyond Boehner's reach!  (Read 1023 times)

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
Re: Climbing is beyond Boehner's reach!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 03:13:14 PM »

Finally if you don't like what is going on, get involved.  Campaign, contribute, vote and run for office.  Yes, these things do make a difference!

Good rant overall (i like wine myself), though back then they were borrowing REAL money (gold) that people actually had in their possession.  When the government borrows money from the Fed now, the fed hits a key on a computer screen and "presto" they create a billion dollars out of thin air.  Great work if you can get it.

If you think that the fed is part of the government, then you need to ask yourself "why then does the government have to pay them back with interest?"

Who gets the interest?   Follow the trail if you really want to go down the rabbit hole.  It is a bunch of banks, most of them foreign.

And as long as you vote for Republicrats or Demicans it does not make a damned bit of difference who you vote for.  You might as well write in Bart Simpson.

^^^^^
someone that gets it.

Two things I hope to see before I die:

1. Legalization of weed.
2. An audit of the Federal Reserve.

darwined

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »

Finally if you don't like what is going on, get involved.  Campaign, contribute, vote and run for office.  Yes, these things do make a difference!

Good rant overall (i like wine myself), though back then they were borrowing REAL money (gold) that people actually had in their possession.  When the government borrows money from the Fed now, the fed hits a key on a computer screen and "presto" they create a billion dollars out of thin air.  Great work if you can get it.

If you think that the fed is part of the government, then you need to ask yourself "why then does the government have to pay them back with interest?"

Who gets the interest?   Follow the trail if you really want to go down the rabbit hole.  It is a bunch of banks, most of them foreign.

And as long as you vote for Republicrats or Demicans it does not make a damned bit of difference who you vote for.  You might as well write in Bart Simpson.

^^^^^
someone that gets it.

Two things I hope to see before I die:

1. Legalization of weed.
2. An audit of the Federal Reserve.

Why stop at weed?  What business is it of the government what you put into your body?

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 09:18:09 AM »

I stop at weed because it can be grown in the yard of the person who uses it. Other drugs (cocaine, heroin, designer drugs, etc) require a manufacturing as well as supply train to get it in the user's hands. A very ugly train.

DLottmann

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 12:53:44 PM »

Why stop at weed?  What business is it of the government what you put into your body?

Ya, I'd prefer that the more violent inducing drugs stay illegal... is this a serious question?

darwined

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 01:45:24 PM »

Of course it is.  Take a pole someday.  Ask a crowded room,  " by a show of hands,  if crack cocaine were legal tomorrow, how many people would run out and do crack?"

Do you believe beer should be outlawed?  Plenty of people have been attacked(violently) by people under the influence of alcohol.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 02:08:48 PM by darwined »

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 02:12:26 PM »

Thats 'cause it was bad beer   ;D What the hell is this thread about ?

steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 02:30:59 PM »

Bad people do bad things not bad beer John!!!  ;) ;)

darwined

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »

Thats 'cause it was bad beer   ;D What the hell is this thread about ?

Oh oops... Good job Freddie! ;D

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 08:53:13 PM »

Of course it is.  Take a pole someday.  Ask a crowded room,  " by a show of hands,  if crack cocaine were legal tomorrow, how many people would run out and do crack?"

Do you believe beer should be outlawed?  Plenty of people have been attacked(violently) by people under the influence of alcohol.

Way more people die from alcohol than all illegal drugs combined.

And more die from legal prescription drugs than all illegal drugs combined.

Do you know that the Taliban had eliminated the heroin trade in Afghanistan in 2001?  And that US troops guarded heroin poppy fields after the invasion?  Google it if you think I am nuts.  Truth is stranger than fiction.  Some war on drugs, lol.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 08:57:41 PM by eyebolter »

Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 09:05:36 PM »

That just means that the War On Drugs is working! We should spend MORE money on that. - snick - ;)
We came to climb, not to whine.

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 09:45:37 PM »

Do you know that the Taliban had eliminated the heroin trade in Afghanistan in 2001?  And that US troops guarded heroin poppy fields after the invasion?  Google it if you think I am nuts.  Truth is stranger than fiction.  Some war on drugs, lol.

Or, to put it another way....... working in an industrial environment- I'd much rather direct an employee that smoked a joint the night before (and went to sleep @ 9pm), then the still drunk employee (@ 8am) that went to bed @ 2am.

Bill

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • It's All Good, Just Climb!
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 09:56:37 PM »

Bill,

That was well expressed!

Thanks Steve. Given your record of service to our country it is very specially appreciated.

Good rant overall (i like wine myself)

Thanks Ward.  I think?!?!?!  I was definitely ranting fueled by wine.  Your posts are seem much more measured and thoughtful than mine.  That said, regarding the audit of the Federal Reserve comment, you are Jefferson would seem to have a lot in common.  He had a very extensive wind cellar stocked with the finest of French wines.  Of course it was all financed by British merchants.  I assume he payed interest on his debt!  I'm sure that would not have diminished your enjoyment of the wine.  The two of you could sit on the veranda of Monticello and contemplated the balkanization of the nascent United States that would have resulted without a central bank.

Regarding all the other comments; they were all excellent.  Can't remember any of them at the moment however.  Going to get more wine now.

Screw politics and philosophy!  Let's focus on the important stuff.  I am totally bummed!  No climbing for me this weekend.  Some minor surgery on Wednesday has put me on the shelf for two weeks.  Otherwise I would be at the "Crag That Cannot Be Named" in Western Mass tomorrow morning.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 23 queries.