Author Topic: Pitch 2 of "As Easy As Instant Pudding Pie" 5.7  (Read 652 times)

Offline David_G48

• NEClimbs Full Member
Pitch 2 of "As Easy As Instant Pudding Pie" 5.7
« on: November 17, 2013, 12:11:59 PM »
Yet another new route put up by George Hurley.
First Recorded Ascent Nov 16,2013 George Hurley, David Giampietro
Humphrey's Ledge, Geriatric Wall

Climb to the top anchor of pitch 1 for "As Easy As Instant Pudding Pie" enter into the corner crack system on the left, climb up 15' to the flatiron and continue straight up for 100' to the anchor (tree) of pitch 1 of Cake Walk.
Gear: Full set of nuts (small are important), Cams up to a #1 Camalot, Tricams black and pink and a full set of trad draws.
Rap with 60 meter rope to the 1st pitch anchor of As Easy As Instant Pudding Pie (you will just barely reach the top of the first pitch for Easy As Instant Pudding Pie) rap once more to the bottom.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:32:47 PM by David_G48 »

Offline ELM

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Pitch 2 of "As Easy As Instant Pudding Pie" 5.7
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »
Sounds like fun!  :D
Ed Matt
" I release my attention: because of you now I am in danger!!! " -Champ

Offline David_G48

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:16:38 PM »
A big thanks should have been given to Joe &  Judy Perez for establishing and the 1st pitch.

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 09:38:27 PM »
I have not attempted to do this, but just a warning to those that may be affected by the stuff- there is poison ivy growing in the horizontal underneath the first pitch anchors.  As of yesterday it is to the left of the anchors and as memory serves, directly in the path of the second pitch start.  It is dormant at this point, but the oils will definitely still be there.  I'm sure it won't wither up and die next spring either.... >:(

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 08:11:04 AM »
sounds like some RoundUp or the like might be in order!
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Offline David_G48

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 07:43:58 PM »
The Poison Ivy should be dead. We sprayed it in July and it looked dead 2 weeks later. We will keep an eye on it in the Spring.

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 09:13:25 AM »
The Poison Ivy should be dead. We sprayed it in July and it looked dead 2 weeks later. We will keep an eye on it in the Spring.

I sprayed it as well...lol as that is the route that I take my two daughters on regularly. Wish there was some way to eradicate it permanently..but it seems pretty happy growing there right where you clip the anchor.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 02:05:02 PM »
2 ways to kill poison ivy and they both may kill you......an accelerant and fire may do it but if you inhale the fumes...not so good.  REAL roundup, not the Home Depot stuff  but very dangerous w/o protection

Offline David_G48

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 04:23:20 PM »
"2 ways to kill poison ivy and they both may kill you......an accelerant and fire may do it but if you inhale the fumes...not so good.  REAL roundup, not the Home Depot stuff  but very dangerous w/o protection"

Strandman being on the youthful side you are probably not familiar with 2 other methods; Agent Orange and convincing Old School to pull it out by the roots because while hanging from a rope it blocks the allergic reaction.

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 04:30:24 PM »
David, if Old School believes you about your way to block PI reaction, I've got a bridge in Bartlett to sell him-- it even has a roof, so could serve as a bivvy spot! 8) And it's an easy walk from Endeavor!!

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 11:52:22 AM »
Strandman being on the youthful side you are probably not familiar with 2 other methods; Agent Orange and convincing Old School to pull it out by the roots because while hanging from a rope it blocks the allergic reaction.

I will have Jeff help me pull the stuff out by the roots...is the bridge in good shape??
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline David_G48

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 12:02:29 PM »
There is a 5.10 something variation to the 2nd pitch awaiting the FA by Old School. There is a nice anchor already in place just above the variation. If you fall it would be a "Cool Whip".

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 01:00:38 PM »
David: +1 for the new route name suggestion! ;D

Offline David_G48

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 07:27:51 PM »
The name "Cool Whip" was coined by Grammy (Old School). +2 to Grammy.

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 11:41:21 AM »
Hey!

Yes I sent the direct variation over the top of "As Easy as Instant Pudding Pie" several years ago. I had to hook the bolt heads with wired nuts and they were not that secure...tight cheeks pulling the crux but found the upper section of climbing to be really enjoyable. I have the nuts for the hangers (thank you David G) but haven't gotten around to buying the hangers.I will finish that up this month! The route may be a bit contrived, but its a fun variation with the last 30' being really enjoyable on all trad gear! :)

Cool Whip! I think we thought 5.10?