General > Climbing Gear Q & A

Help a Dinosaur

(1/4) > >>

strandman:
I am thinking about getting a GriGri (the horror) since my wife may do some climbing in the spring (with me hopefully)....The GG2 doesn't work as well with "big" ropes ?? Is this true ?

I use 10mm and 10.5mm mammut almost always..the G1 will be a better choice ?? Or a Cinch ?

thanks;

Dino

Mr big hands:
I HAVE DONE SOME CLIMBING WITH A GRIGRI 2, I BELIEVE IT WAS ON A 10MM ROPE AND I DIDN'T HAVE ANY  ISSUES. HOPE IT HELPS.

darwined:

--- Quote from: strandman on October 30, 2013, 05:43:54 PM ---I am thinking about getting a GriGri (the horror) since my wife may do some climbing in the spring (with me hopefully)....The GG2 doesn't work as well with "big" ropes ?? Is this true ?

I use 10mm and 10.5mm mammut almost always..the G1 will be a better choice ?? Or a Cinch ?

thanks;

Dino

--- End quote ---
Dunno about the 10.5 but,  Gri Gri 2 with a 10.2 works well.  I doubled checked it a second ago just to be sure.  Petzl says it's gud to 11mm but that seems a wee bit beefy if you ask me.

eyebolter:
I've had the same gri gri I bought not long after they came out, and use it all the time.  Never had any issues with it; still works as good as it did when new.

The new one is supposed to be better with skinny ropes.  Since I don't use a skinny rope, if I ever lose mine I will be looking for a replacement instead of buying a new one.   

You don't seem to be a skinny rope guy.... that said, the 10 and probably the 10.5 mm would be fine.

ELM:
I've used mine (GriGri 2) on a 10.5 with no issue at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version