Author Topic: Thanks for Rumney  (Read 164 times)

Offline dogboy

• NEClimbs God
  • What?
Thanks for Rumney
« on: June 27, 2004, 06:00:33 PM »
My fiancee, friend and I just returned from a very nice day at Rumney, and I felt compelled to write a public "Thank You" to all who have helped and continue to help make Rumney such a nice place to climb.  We had a wonderful day, spent plenty of quality time on the rock, met some great people, and pushed our limits.  As someone who lives 20 minutes from Cathedral, it's easy to go an entire season without heading south, and to forget that sport climbing is fun too...
    I know that some folks have expressed their opinion on this site that Rumney is some kind of travesty, where soulless climbers and obnoxious Boston Rock Gym types go to listen to Black Sabbath while French Freeing up some contrived 5.12...but we consistently find this not to be the case.  The cliff is usually quiet and clean, the folks friendly and outright supportive, and the routes beautiful and well-protected.  The trails and fixed gear are well-maintained...and it is apparent that a lot of work went into trail maintenance, climb-cleaning, and bolting...
    So again, Thanks to all the folks who developed the area and make it such a nice place to climb.

Jay--it was great to run into down there...hope you sent!

Jeff
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 06:01:40 PM by jeffc »
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
Re: Thanks for Rumney
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 06:08:20 PM »
It has allways impressed me how an area that sees as much trafic as rumny stays in decent shape and it is all about good trail maintaince, educating the climbers (kiosk) and the bathrooms help as well.