NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scariest grade 2  (Read 304 times)

cwm

• NEClimbs Newbie
Scariest grade 2
« on: March 14, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »

Went out last weekend doing some exploring with friends and on last pitch starting feeling quite out of breath, but the snow was deep. On the slog through the woods to intersect hiking trail I was so out of breath and my heart is not behaving itself, quite irregular. I have afib but this is controlled with meds , but this was different. I almost passed out a number of times heading down the packed trail, at one point having to go down to a knee. Rick Peverly,formally of the Bruins had a very similar incident happen to him the next day after mine, but he almost died!

I've seen my Cardiologist since and we've started tests but I don't see anymore climbing in my near future. I am normally a mountain goat, this has made me an old man quickly, but will be back to goating as soon as we figure this out.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: Scariest grade 2
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »

NAH !! get yourself a nice defibrillator and be good to go..seriously pm me, i got heart issues and am WAY better 6 months later

steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 02:24:39 PM »

Never mind heart issues John!!! You've just got issues period!!;) ;) ;)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 11:19:51 AM »

hey CWM, hang in there man... I hope you feel back to your randy old self again soon. sounds like you're on the track of what's going on tho. all the best!
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 06:21:28 PM »

I had somewhat severe loss of breath while working at an elevated pace with my pleural effusion. Never bad enough that I thought I would pass out, but I always stopped to catch my breath before that point too.  Heartrate may have been a bit elevated too, but it never did anything funky like you describe.  Sounds like you are getting it checked out, which is the important part. I still get winded, even after surgery in August, but that's probably my fault for not doing as much cardio as I should.

Good luck!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 23 queries.