NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for fellow working stiff climbing partner  (Read 454 times)

goodrockrich

• NEClimbs Newbie
Looking for fellow working stiff climbing partner
« on: November 02, 2013, 06:45:49 PM »

This is a shout out to all those working stiffs who wish they could go climbing every weekend but have work, family, house, dog, etc., that always takes priority in there busy lives.

You see… I am a working stiff.  But I have recently come to the realization that I shouldn’t let this disease stop me from climbing.
I currently live in Cumberland ME and work in Portland.  I am looking for a fellow working stiff who can find it in there busy schedule to go the to the Maine Rock Gym two or three times a week between 6:30 to whenever, in preparation for the occasional outdoor climbing adventure.   By occasional I mean once a month or every other month and by climbing adventure I mean Trad, Ice, Alpine, Sport and even some Aid if you are interested.

About 6 and a half years ago when I lived in Indiana (I have been in ME for 4 1/2 years) and before my daughter was born I was obsessed with climbing.  I was mostly in to Trad and Ice and even started to do a little Aid.  I did most of my climbing in the Red River Gorge in KY, but have climbed in Yosemite, North Carolina, Minnesota, and I even took a road trip from Indiana to New Hampshire to ice climb and climb Mt Washington.  I never thought that I would be living in New England.

Any way if you live in the Portland Area and still enjoy training in the climbing gym with the intention of the occasional outside climbing adventure give me a call.

My info is as follows:
Phone: 812-245-8169
Email: goodrockrich@yahoo.com

Sean

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Looking for fellow working stiff climbing partner
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 07:49:06 PM »

Working stiff here, but my wife is my regular partner. There are a few occasions where she isn't available and I am though...

Question is though, are you a Hoosier or a Boilermaker? Or, even worse than a Hooiser, an Irish? :D I was born and raised in West Lafayette, moved to NH a bit over 4 years ago. Based on your phone number, I'm guessing you are from the southern part of IN...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:50:40 PM by danf »

goodrockrich

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 08:42:02 PM »

Working stiff here, but my wife is my regular partner. There are a few occasions where she isn't available and I am though...

Question is though, are you a Hoosier or a Boilermaker? Or, even worse than a Hooiser, an Irish? :D I was born and raised in West Lafayette, moved to NH a bit over 4 years ago. Based on your phone number, I'm guessing you are from the southern part of IN...

I grew up in Northwest Indiana an hour south of Chicago and graduated from IU Bloomington in 2000.  Once graduated I turned into a towne and didn't leave until I came to Maine in the summer of 2009.  Go HOOSIERS!!!   ;D

darwined

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 08:45:59 PM »

Yep total working stiff here.  I don't live in Maine, but if you ever need a partner in North Conway shoot me a message.  Cheers and welcome to New England!

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 11:28:20 AM »

I grew up in Northwest Indiana an hour south of Chicago
Ahhh, a Region Rat... ;)

-Ben-

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 11:05:37 AM »

sent email
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 23 queries.