NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Champ/ LL  (Read 539 times)

ralbert20

• NEClimbs Full Member
Champ/ LL
« on: November 22, 2013, 02:39:05 PM »

While looking through this site, trying to assess the state of the ice from Boston, I was wondering: how many here have actually climbed with LL?

(Raises hand)

And been driven down the Cathedral road in his questionable car...

(also)

Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
Re: Champ/ LL
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 03:24:34 PM »

While looking through this site, trying to assess the state of the ice from Boston, I was wondering: how many here have actually climbed with LL?

(Raises hand)

And been driven down the Cathedral road in his questionable car...

(also)

Never met him, although I look forward to it some day. But, then, I like oddball characters. I think they keep shit interesting.

We came to climb, not to whine.

The other tomcat

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »

I have. Completely safe and competant. First time we met at Cannon lot, Jacques wanted to lead Duet Direct, and would not take a word of beta. He did one of the best dig deep not to hang leads I have ever seen in 35 years, got it onsight, no hangs. Then we did Union Jack and Reppy's.

Next time I led Turner's Flake, and Jacques led Lancelot Link, and I led Pine Tree. We had a snack and walked to Whitehorse and did Sliding Board, then walked back.

Time after that was Sugarloaf I think.

Despite what one of his detractors recently posted, that he is some trad gumby, he's actually quite solid. I'm a trad gumby. I place gear on sport climbs.

You might be surprised how many very skilled climbers have climbed with him.

The car is another story....lol.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:13:02 PM by The other tomcat »
Tom Stryker

steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 04:55:02 PM »

He sounds like a likeable chap. Maybe something gets lost in the translation.

JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 09:59:14 PM »

I have. Completely safe and competant. First time we met at Cannon lot, Jacques wanted to lead Duet Direct, and would not take a word of beta. He did one of the best dig deep not to hang leads I have ever seen in 35 years, got it onsight, no hangs. Then we did Union Jack and Reppy's.

Next time I led Turner's Flake, and Jacques led Lancelot Link, and I led Pine Tree. We had a snack and walked to Whitehorse and did Sliding Board, then walked back.

Time after that was Sugarloaf I think.

Despite what one of his detractors recently posted, that he is some trad gumby, he's actually quite solid. I'm a trad gumby. I place gear on sport climbs.

You might be surprised how many very skilled climbers have climbed with him.

The car is another story....lol.

Ken Nichols is a skilled and knowledgeable climber too..  doesn't make him not a psychopath. 

wouldn't climb with either him or Champy    Luckily they are both easily avoided. 
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

neiceclimber

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 07:38:38 AM »

^^^^^ why not climb with LL? Aside from his constant trad v sport diarrhea he seems very competent and confident. I think the above comment speaks volumes as to why someone shouldn't climb with you. You climb trad, he climbs trad. You like sport, seems to me you could pass up a perfect time to actually try and understand him or him you, instead you come off as an forum bully and ass.

I'll climb with LL, I'll climb with Jake, I'll climb with Ken, I'll climb with anyone once then form an opinion.

JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 07:57:01 AM »

why would I want to spend time with someone I find horribly annoying?   He probably wouldn't like me either..  i'm ok with that. 
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

DLottmann

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 08:02:35 AM »

I met him two years ago while rapping Lower Refuse. I had no idea what he looked like but the second I heard the French accent and he asked me to stop rappelling to look for gear on Travesty I immediately guessed it was Champ. We had a nice conversation, the guy seems totally cool in person. My most trusted climbing partner has climbed a couple times with him and echos what others have said, he's a quality partner.

It's not a second language thing.

Something about the internet changes Champ to what I would say is clinically insane. Not joking.

Despite him being a great guy/partner in person, his online persona gets to me so much that now when I see him at the cliff I walk the other way.

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 10:57:14 AM »

Guys it's really not that hard - he just enjoys trolling. And he's obviously pretty good at it!
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 08:33:17 PM »

Problem is, it's rancid bait.

pitonpat

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 07:21:36 PM »

Frankly, I think LL is really just the most recent incarnation of Fat City Pancakes/Bristolpipe!  Your thoughts...?

Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »

Could be worse. Elenor from MP could decide to show up here.  ;D
We came to climb, not to whine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.