General > Climbing NOT (Bitch & moan)

Champ/ LL

(1/3) > >>

ralbert20:
While looking through this site, trying to assess the state of the ice from Boston, I was wondering: how many here have actually climbed with LL?

(Raises hand)

And been driven down the Cathedral road in his questionable car...

(also)

Pete Jackson:

--- Quote from: ralbert20 on November 22, 2013, 02:39:05 PM ---While looking through this site, trying to assess the state of the ice from Boston, I was wondering: how many here have actually climbed with LL?

(Raises hand)

And been driven down the Cathedral road in his questionable car...

(also)

--- End quote ---

Never met him, although I look forward to it some day. But, then, I like oddball characters. I think they keep shit interesting.

The other tomcat:
I have. Completely safe and competant. First time we met at Cannon lot, Jacques wanted to lead Duet Direct, and would not take a word of beta. He did one of the best dig deep not to hang leads I have ever seen in 35 years, got it onsight, no hangs. Then we did Union Jack and Reppy's.

Next time I led Turner's Flake, and Jacques led Lancelot Link, and I led Pine Tree. We had a snack and walked to Whitehorse and did Sliding Board, then walked back.

Time after that was Sugarloaf I think.

Despite what one of his detractors recently posted, that he is some trad gumby, he's actually quite solid. I'm a trad gumby. I place gear on sport climbs.

You might be surprised how many very skilled climbers have climbed with him.

The car is another story....lol.

steve weitzler:
He sounds like a likeable chap. Maybe something gets lost in the translation.

JakeDatc:

--- Quote from: The other tomcat on November 22, 2013, 04:08:24 PM ---I have. Completely safe and competant. First time we met at Cannon lot, Jacques wanted to lead Duet Direct, and would not take a word of beta. He did one of the best dig deep not to hang leads I have ever seen in 35 years, got it onsight, no hangs. Then we did Union Jack and Reppy's.

Next time I led Turner's Flake, and Jacques led Lancelot Link, and I led Pine Tree. We had a snack and walked to Whitehorse and did Sliding Board, then walked back.

Time after that was Sugarloaf I think.

Despite what one of his detractors recently posted, that he is some trad gumby, he's actually quite solid. I'm a trad gumby. I place gear on sport climbs.

You might be surprised how many very skilled climbers have climbed with him.

The car is another story....lol.

--- End quote ---

Ken Nichols is a skilled and knowledgeable climber too..  doesn't make him not a psychopath. 

wouldn't climb with either him or Champy    Luckily they are both easily avoided. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version