General > Climbing NOT (Bitch & moan)

what a weekend

(1/4) > >>

Admin Al:
got up Saturday morning at 6:30 to no hot water and a lot of rusty water in my basement.  >:(  fortunately I was able to get my plumber over and he's ordering a hot water heater which should be in on Tuesday. I spent 3/4 of the day cleaning up the yucky mess. I'm just hoping that it can get installed before Thanksgiving! when I got up this morning, Sunday, around 8:30 am or so the power went off. this was before the wifey got her morning shot of espresso! it was off for about 2 hours, and then went off again for 15 minutes a few hours later! 

sheesh...

strandman:
Sounds like it's time for a tankless w/h and a generator

Pete Jackson:

--- Quote from: strandman on November 24, 2013, 06:21:05 PM ---Sounds like it's time for a tankless w/h and a generator

--- End quote ---

+1 a great opportunity to change things up!

Admin Al:
I do have a generator but we usually wait 3-4 hours before we crank it up since we have to connect up the line to it. as far as the tankless, those things are pretty expensive compared to the regular gass ones, at least from what I see.

WharfRat:

--- Quote from: Admin Al on November 25, 2013, 08:48:53 AM ---I do have a generator but we usually wait 3-4 hours before we crank it up since we have to connect up the line to it. as far as the tankless, those things are pretty expensive compared to the regular gass ones, at least from what I see.

--- End quote ---

Just had my old electric tank water heater replaced with a gas tankless.. So fair love it! Unlimited hot water is awesome. The unit for my one bath one kitchen home was $2700 installed. I also had a old oil hot water heating sytem replaced with a gasfurnace and central air. The $2700 may be a low price and a reflection of the rest of the work I had one. Blown in cellulose today, my house is a freaking mess. I have so many repairs to do just to get back to where I was before hey started cutting and drilling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version