NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: two reasons to not sport climb before doing trad  (Read 1024 times)

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
Re: two reasons to not sport climb before doing trad
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 11:35:47 AM »

LL, it is unproductive to critique others without telling us the "correct" way to do something you claim to know well.

Doing a layback is more a question of style than ethic. Many people can do the move differently without using the power need to call the route a 5.10. As one or more people is able to do it without too much energy, we have to think that those who make it like 5.10 most trained there technique to be more efficient at it. Increasing our knowledge never kill any body.

Chalenging some one to do a route where he can lost is life in doing it to show how good he is....For me it is not climbing. Maybe it is a part of the sport climbing mentality that we have that many people don't like

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 03:32:49 PM »

LL, it is unproductive to critique others without telling us the "correct" way to do something you claim to know well.

Doing a layback is more a question of style than ethic. Many people can do the move differently without using the power need to call the route a 5.10. As one or more people is able to do it without too much energy, we have to think that those who make it like 5.10 most trained there technique to be more efficient at it. Increasing our knowledge never kill any body.

Chalenging some one to do a route where he can lost is life in doing it to show how good he is....For me it is not climbing. Maybe it is a part of the sport climbing mentality that we have that many people don't like

I'm not challenging you to go lose your life. I'm attempting to get you to understand that the differences between "sport" and "trad" are NO WAY NEAR the differences that you CONTINUALLY (ad naseum) spew forth.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 05:44:30 PM »

Chalenging some one to do a route where he can lost is life in doing it to show how good he is....For me it is not climbing.
No one wants you to put your life on the line to show us anything.  Unless videotaping youself doing the crux of Diedre or a layback of your choice constitutes that.

+1 to what Ken wrote too.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.