General > Rock Climbing: Sport

Yank the Mank: Waimea 2013

(1/3) > >>

Admin Al:
http://www.climbrumney.com/upcoming-events/

Jay Knower of the Rumney Climbing Association passed me the following information:

Attention all Rumney climbers!
The Rumney Climbers Association (RCA) will be removing all the fixed draws from Waimea on December 7th. This will be a coordinated effort undertaken by locals concerned about the safety of the fixed draws on the cliff. It is by no means an ethical statement--it's mainly motivated by concerns for safety.

If you have fixed draws on Waimea, consider removing them prior to the removal day. The draws will be cataloged according to route and may be claimed by contacting the RCA.

M_Sprague:
Yeah, George. Go get your ratty old slings off Flying Fish so I don't have to.  :P

DaveR:

--- Quote from: Admin Al on November 27, 2013, 12:16:52 PM ---http://www.climbrumney.com/upcoming-events/

Jay Knower of the Rumney Climbing Association passed me the following information:

Attention all Rumney climbers!
The Rumney Climbers Association (RCA) will be removing all the fixed draws from Waimea on December 7th. This will be a coordinated effort undertaken by locals concerned about the safety of the fixed draws on the cliff. It is by no means an ethical statement--it's mainly motivated by concerns for safety.

If you have fixed draws on Waimea, consider removing them prior to the removal day. The draws will be cataloged according to route and may be claimed by contacting the RCA.

--- End quote ---

Glad to see it being done. Some of the stuff up there scares the hell out of me.

Mark, Sent you a PM.

Pete Jackson:
Two days till Yank The Mank!

Nobody has been in touch to claim draws yet. If you have gear up there and can't remove it before Saturday, email yankthemank@climbrumney.com to arrange for your gear's safe return.

Experienced route developers and experienced aid climbers are welcome to help. PM or email yankthemank@climbrumney.com for details.

JBeta:
Yank the Mank was a great success! The entire cliff was cleaned of fixed draws. Thanks to all who participated!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version