NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any ice in for TRing this weekend?  (Read 191 times)

yellowbirch

• NEClimbs Newbie
Any ice in for TRing this weekend?
« on: December 05, 2013, 07:48:01 PM »

Does anyone have any suggestions for ice around North Conway that might work for top-roping (off trees not screws) and also be in to climb this weekend? My ambitions are bigger, but right now I need practice. I assume I need someplace cold and higher elevation. Does Crawford Notch have short flows you can TR off trees?

I've got the guidebook so I think I just need some pointers in the right direction.

For reference, I'm relatively new to ice and placing screws. I'm not new to technical climbing, anchors, rope skills, mountain weather, and making sure I don't F up and die in the mountains.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:49:46 PM by yellowbirch »

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Any ice in for TRing this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 09:32:55 PM »

I don't honestly know where you could do that right now. for instance there is a nice notch next to the trestle up at the top of the notch, but you have to be able to lead to get things set up.
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

yellowbirch

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Any ice in for TRing this weekend?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 05:40:17 PM »

Thanks. I had missed the Trestle flows in the book - sounds like there may even be a sketchy way to scramble around to the top.  Don't know if I'll head there, but I'll post whatever I find (or don't find).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.