NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Working a Route  (Read 824 times)

strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: Working a Route
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 06:33:01 PM »

Mark..you sound like Skinner "I got so many projects, i might never do any of them"

I used to get distracted after one f/a on a cliff....we did Stairs  then went to greens and then...and so on and so on

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 07:31:57 PM »

That is why I never let Brady drag me out to the Stairs. I knew I would get caught up in some huge project and not get back to my Owl's routes.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 07:40:23 PM »

I  have  anchors, some bolts, cleaning and climbing time into 4 projects so i suppose I should finish at least two of them before starting anything else...

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 08:40:07 PM »

Longest was 6 weeks on Captain Fingers at Rumney...you can cheat and go right, but I wanted to get it the way it was designed. Thing is...its an awful route!!! lol
Grammy, I agree CF is not a very good route but it is addictive.  I think you mean "cheat" and go left to the arete.  It used to be considered cheating but everyone seems to be doing it that way now. But good for you for sticking to the original line!

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

crazyt

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • whatever
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 03:48:25 AM »

I had to make a spreadsheet this winter to try to remember them all.
Give up the power drill and your memory will improve. ( pseudo-righteous dig ) :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:41:20 PM by Admin Al »
work hard, play harder

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 10:01:49 AM »

Grammy, I agree CF is not a very good route but it is addictive.  I think you mean "cheat" and go left to the arete.  It used to be considered cheating but everyone seems to be doing it that way now. But good for you for sticking to the original line!

This was 1990-91??? I think it may have been a traverse out left to the arete...yes! God...where does the time go?? Blew it at the clip a ton of times! lol
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 03:37:46 PM »

My goal this year is not to allow myself to get distracted and clean up and finish at least 5 old projects before any new one, lol. I had to make a spreadsheet this winter to try to remember them all.

I don't like to have fun at other peoples' expense, but: Mark this one is priceless. :-)
We came to climb, not to whine.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 05:16:05 PM »

it's fun to have fun with the troubles of others... :D mark--do you include routes you know you can't do ??

I have

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 06:44:50 PM »

Let's see - I have 34 on the list, and it doesn't include anything at Rumney. 6 are listed as 'Community Service', meaning they are other people's routes that need cleaning, new anchors or bolts replaced, but I would like to also climb them. Black Flies, 357, On Green Dolphin Street, Premarital Blisters and a couple others at Greens are part of those. 357 is out of my league these days and maybe Black Flies, but I still want to play on them. The rest are anything from completely ready to go and have TRed cleanly and just need to get out there with someone, to 'haven't started' 'still needs heavy cleaning' and a few 'a dream's that I haven't even rapped down yet. Aside from some of the 'dreams' and 'community services', I think there are only 2 that I realistically haven't got a chance in hell on, and they are definitely open projects.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 04:41:30 PM »

Here's a route from '83..still not free

Grand Finale.cathedral

P1 is 99%  just link the moves  TK got very close 13+
P2 10+ R freed in'83
P3 AO 15' of bouldering with fixed gear 13A  is my guess, is all that remains then 12A face, done in '84
P4-6  awesome 11+ with some R done around '88

go get it !

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 06:44:40 PM »

Put the bolts in the right places and someone will ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 23 queries.