NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wade For It, WI4  (Read 627 times)

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Wade For It, WI4
« on: January 31, 2014, 08:24:21 AM »

I spotted this particular line several years ago but never had the opportunity to hike out to it due to a tricky river crossing. Cold temps made the crossing much more reasonable but we both dunked boots on the way in and out...thus the name. Here are the deets. Will post two more routes in the next week:

Wade For It, WI4
FA: Chris Graham and Dan Lunt, January 30. 2014

Steep start leads to a sustained near vertical line 50-60 feet in length. Rests can be found on the right side but brittle ice will more than likely force you back out to the softer, steeper line. Climb the flow for 50-60 feet and belay from trees at a wonderful and level stance. Rappel from trees or walk off to gully on climber's right. One 60M rope will just get you down.

I will post directions when I post the next two climbs but it is essentially located on the east facing banks of a the hill directly opposite the Hutman's Path off of Route 16 going north. Pullout is exactly 3.3 miles north of the wildcat service station (Sunoco) on the left. Walk carefully across the Ellis River and bushwack northwest through woods following obvious spine and skidder path past two rectangular boulders heading uphill the whole way. I have GPS coordinates and compass course (will post soon). There are trespassing signs located just off the pullout. Please be discrete with your activities and park off to the side leaving room for parking for the folks across the street should they need an overflow lot. Mid-week should be fine!

I am assuming these lines have not been climbed or at least not been recorded to my knowledge. They are really great climbs and worth the 10-15 minute bushwack and river crossing.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:59:06 AM by old_school »
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

David_G48

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Wade For It, WI4
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »

I guess "Old School" is back, like he really could ever leave.
Nice route Chris maybe you could provide a nice video of the climb.
Thanks
David

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 10:36:18 AM »

I guess "Old School" is back, like he really could ever leave.
Nice route Chris maybe you could provide a nice video of the climb.
Thanks
David

I can do that David!!!  ;)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 02:08:50 PM »

You be careful Grammy or I might send you some f'a ice potential !

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 02:15:31 PM »

You be careful Grammy or I might send you some f'a ice potential !

Oh hell's yes!!!  :D

DLottmann

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 08:50:02 PM »

Looks awesome! Great pics! I think I know where this is but if you get back out there grab a GPS shot... might do so myself on Monday if I can get out there!

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 09:54:34 PM »

Looks awesome! Great pics! I think I know where this is but if you get back out there grab a GPS shot... might do so myself on Monday if I can get out there!

Forgot the GOS Thursday. Will bring it next time to waypoint the other two climbs as well

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 06:59:08 AM »

Very cool Grammy. Looks great! BTW Check with Brad, I think he might have been out there.
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 23 queries.