NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this sport exploding or what?  (Read 2228 times)

pappy

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Is this sport exploding or what?
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2014, 01:25:10 PM »

I had this happen. Greg and I had gotten bombed off of the N. Face of Edith Cavell and the NE buttress of Howse in the C. Rockies, and we were getting annoyed and decided to redeem our manhood we would on sight a big moderate classic (E. Ridge of Temple) with the rope, rack and Gore Tex on the back thing, even though this is considered a very long day. One tool each and no screws for the snow/ice sections. Then we got near the summit ridge and the exit gully slid right in front of us, leaving several hundred feet of blue ice. Screwed. Time to go down, a long way. Got to a ledge about 1AM with no obvious non risky rappels and decided to hunker down. With nothing. It was fucking cold. I was mildly shivering  when it got light because every thing had shut down to retain heat in the core, but when I started moving the blood from the limbs started circulating and I collapsed from the cold, shivering violently and really non-functional. It was a very strange sensation.
If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: Is this sport exploding or what?
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2014, 07:22:39 PM »

pappy- this may happen again to you soon when the NC gang arrives !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.