NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moat Mtn.  (Read 76 times)

Walt

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Gotta love Fred, His whole town is ROCK !
Moat Mtn.
« on: February 13, 2002, 05:28:15 AM »

Anyone been up around Moat Mtn. ice fall or Red Eagle Brook lately? Is any of this stuff in? What kind of approach (hike time) is involved ? I'm looking for some begginer leader stuff that won't have tons of people on it this next weekend and next (ice fest). Am I just dreaming or what? ??? Any suggestions appreciated. Later............................. ;D

dogboy

• NEClimbs God
  • What?
Re: Moat Mtn.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 07:54:12 AM »

Last time I was at Hancock falls it wasn't frozen over...and even when it is, it's only about 50 feet of very easy ice.  Red Eagle Brook and Moat Mountain are both wicked thrashes to get to...I've never even attempted to get there in the winter, but I've been there in the summer, and I can only imagine that the bushwack would be utterly horrendous...I don't know what the ice is like right now, but Rainbow Slabs might actually be a better choice...although still a bit of a thrash to get to.  Willy's slide would be crowded, but a good bet anyway...

P.S. I didn't actually write "Hanthingy"...the freakin' bulletin board censored my perfectly innocent c*ck!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2002, 07:55:41 AM by jeffc »
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.