NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: school trip to Joshua Tree  (Read 139 times)

JennaLee202

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world.
school trip to Joshua Tree
« on: July 11, 2004, 06:34:21 PM »

I'm going to be a senior in high school this coming year. Every senior needs to do a project of some kind of independant learning in order to graduate. My project involves taking a group of about 10 students to go rock climbing in Joshua Tree for about a week. I think that this trip would be so awesome for the students. They'll be learning how to climb as well as getting knowledge of the environment and learning who they are. It would certainly be unforgettable.

The problem: money. The trip is going to cost about $900 (maybe even more) per person. No normal high school student has the funds to pay for this, and their parents aren't exactly made out of money either. I would hate for money to get in the way of such an amazing oppurtunity. I'm beginning to look for businesses to ask for donations. I was thinking about a car wash, but that won't get us very much money.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to make this trip possible? Experiences of your own? Businesses that you know of that would be willing to donate any money?  

Ed500M

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: school trip to Joshua Tree
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 04:08:38 AM »

If you guys are going to need to buy gear. I would be more than happpy to work with some people I know to get you a great deal. If you are interested just shot me an E-Mail.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 04:09:31 AM by Ed500M »

abmelim

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • "cranking like a madman"
Re: school trip to Joshua Tree
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 08:03:06 AM »

jenna, maybe get the help of local cliimbing gyms and climbing outfitters. Ask for donations etc. Good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.