NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Echo Crag questions  (Read 377 times)

ralbert20

• NEClimbs Full Member
Echo Crag questions
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:12:17 AM »

Has anyone been to Echo lately? I have never climbed there in the winter - is it a worthwhile place to check out? I like to lead in the 4+/5 range. I was thinking of going there this Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks!

-Rob

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Echo Crag questions
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:12:40 PM »

I haven't seen any pictures this year, but there is cool stuff there usually. I would give it a shot...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

JChepes

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 07:34:28 PM »

I did a drive-by last week and it did not look that good.  Someone posted on NEICE recently and said the same.  You could probably find something.  Great place when it's good!  Check out hollow hell and the hermit if you go.  They might be right up your alley. 

ralbert20

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 06:26:53 PM »

JChepes, you were right, pretty much not worth it. We broke trail all of the way in today, scratched around on one scrappy, airated pitch and I looked around for more, but didn't see much. I went over to where there were some other drips, but they were not touched down/ connected. Looked like fun, but I was not man enough to lead them!

One total bonus was getting to meet Jon Sykes, who said it needs to rain more for that place to form.

-Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 22 queries.