NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ropes on Lions Head  (Read 2557 times)

Max Forbes

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Ropes on Lions Head
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2014, 01:24:02 PM »

If someone wants to put fixed lines up for a day to get his friends or clients up, fine, but take them down after. Fixed lines ruin the fun of climbing the mountain on your own. I've never been a fan of fixed lines, ladders, rungs, or carved steps anywhere in the mountains. If you can't do it on your own without the aid of something someone has built for you, you have no business up there. 

Homeless Junkie

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »

I understand exactly what you guys mean. Take the fixed lines down!! It takes away MY wilderness experience. No screws either. I can't stand seeing the holes left in the ice by those things. Don't even get me started on crampons. People should be able to get up the trail without the aid of something some company built for you. Those crampons scratch the rock and ice and leave marks all over the place. It ruins MY experience looking at all that irreversible damage.

You shouldn't be able to hire a guide either. That would solve everything.

I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught.. Either way I'm set for life!

DLottmann

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2014, 03:39:18 PM »

Yesterday I saw fixed line all the way up Lobster Claw Gully... a large group looked to be training for something... or maybe they were just avoiding the clusterF that is WLHT.

darwined

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2014, 05:27:56 PM »

I understand exactly what you guys mean. Take the fixed lines down!! It takes away MY wilderness experience. No screws either. I can't stand seeing the holes left in the ice by those things. Don't even get me started on crampons. People should be able to get up the trail without the aid of something some company built for you. Those crampons scratch the rock and ice and leave marks all over the place. It ruins MY experience looking at all that irreversible damage.

Fail.  You don't leave your screws on a climb for weeks at a time

DLottmann

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2014, 05:30:37 PM »

Fail.  You don't leave your screws on a climb for weeks at a time

LOL. You fail at irony and satire.

darwined

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »

Oops

Homeless Junkie

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2014, 04:14:37 PM »

Weeks?.. wait, weeks! I retract what I wrote.

Seriously though, Next thing you know people will be leaving more than fixed lines.. They'll leave o2 bottles, flags and tent poles.

Darwined, I was talking about the hole in the ice not the screw itself. Those holes are worse than the marks left by crampons on rock.
I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught.. Either way I'm set for life!

WanderlustMD

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2014, 04:34:28 PM »

Ropes that aren't directly in use by the party that placed them have a right to be moved. Of course, they can also be handy in many contexts. Lion's Head seems a little overkill for fixed ropes but who am I to judge?

I can see why the fixed rope was removed but cutting it up was a bit over the top IMO, as was tying it to the pack like he just scalped someone...seriously...

Small world stuff.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2014, 04:38:39 PM »

Mike may have been wrong to chop up the rope(he admits that) but...if your gonna go for it, you might as well go all out

crazyt

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • whatever
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2014, 03:37:48 AM »

Just think what it could lead to. Roads and trains and buildings. All to enhance your quality outdoor experience.
work hard, play harder

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2014, 07:07:57 AM »

Have you ever been to Asheville NC? The Blue Ridge Parkway is like a road across the top of the Presie's...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2014, 10:36:53 AM »

Ya Al..and sometimes the weather is almost as bad !!

CD

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2014, 05:31:02 PM »

Jeez
I probably picked the wrong month to bolt the standard rt chimney on Cathedral. Fixed a line on the cave wall too.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 23 queries.