General > General Climbing

How many days do you get outside, on rock, in a single season?

(1/5) > >>

ralbert20:
and, do you consider yourself a weekend warrior, a guide, or a dirtbag?

Personally I have been getting outside on rock on average 35 days a year for the last 5 or so years, with the most being 53 days in 2009. I am a weekend warrior.

lucky luke:

--- Quote from: ralbert20 on March 06, 2014, 11:03:34 AM ---and, do you consider yourself a weekend warrior, a guide, or a dirtbag?

Personally I have been getting outside on rock on average 35 days a year for the last 5 or so years, with the most being 53 days in 2009. I am a weekend warrior.

--- End quote ---

I used to climb three days a week and all week end summer before. Climbing around 24 multi pitch route in a summer. more than the summit of everest, which is around 8900 meters.

As I had problem to find trad climber in quebec and that the cliff is more remote, I onsight to 5.10 any where (poko fastest gun, book cathedral,

When I met Base, I was confident in my approach of climbing. One day, he show me how to protect a pitch. Every thing was perfect. So, even if I had good technique...I improve a lot with Base. It is not always by what he said, but by how he climb. He he   

Admin Al:
on rock, 60-70. that's 2-3 times a week during the season. I'm not guiding as much as I used to, but still try to get out a lot. FWIW in winter it drops to twice a week on average.

I realize that my case is unusual as I live within walking distance to Cathedral and Whitehorse, and a 5 minute bike ride to Humphrey's. in the winter I walk down to the North End to do a lap or two at lunch, the way I used to go to Hammond Pond when I was living in Chestnut Hill in Boston.

WanderlustMD:
I don't keep track, but you might call me a semi-dirtbag. I work as a teacher, and have been able to take advantage of the summer break for climbing. Between that and weekends I probably get 80-100 days?

Jeff:
55 on rock; another 20+ on ice; my ski instructor job keeps me from more ice days than that ( but I average 55 days skiing as well); part time rock & ice guide, otherwise retired high school teacher finally "livin' the dream"! 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version