Author Topic: How many days do you get outside, on rock, in a single season?  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: How many days do you get outside, on rock, in a single season?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 08:15:30 AM »
Suffice to say it's never enough.

+++
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 09:52:10 AM »
I'm a weekend warrior. I don't keep track of how many days I climb. Suffice to say it's never enough.
Same here. Well said.  I try to get in a road trip every Fall "to make up for it".

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 10:14:28 AM »
I'm a weekend warrior. I don't keep track of how many days I climb. Suffice to say it's never enough.
That's me too. Surgery last August put a big dent in climbing days for me, it was 4-5 weekends after surgery before I got back out.

Offline Homeless Junkie

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 10:52:26 AM »
 Rock it's once or twice/week outside and once or twice/week inside. I know the gym is lame and all that... Maybe it doesn't count but I got two really good friends since high school into the gym. We use the gym to keep in touch and hang out. Now I have two partners that I know I can trust and know the day out won't be a shit show.

I been keeping track of days out on ice the last couple seasons. To me, it's much more important than what grade. Last year I got out 30 days. This year I beat my record! I'm at 38. One more trip outta Baltimore and I'm past 40 days.
I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught.. Either way I'm set for life!

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 07:13:51 PM »
Suffice to say it's never enough.

+++

When I climbed more, I am more minded to find hard move and the chalenge of new moves attrack me.

I climbed handson echard at canon and the crux is not too hard. You follow a diedral and when it end, you have to change for a left hand crack. It was pumpy, I can't see anything to make the move; and I remember closing my eyes and asking me where I want the missing hole. My hand fall on it instinctively. It was exactly where you need a good hole to make the traverse. As I was climbing more, my instinct was better and I was able to climb harder on sight.

II think that all the move are in 5.7 and lower. So climbing often even easy grade was good for me to push my limit gradually, with a lot of fun when I make it or fail. 

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 09:56:17 PM »
So far Ive been out at least 3 times a week so far.  Whether its all day bouldering, or just getting out after work.  Usually one of those days I go to the gym too.

Offline dan.fl

• NEClimbs Newbie
    • on mountainproject
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 10:53:50 AM »
Interesting thread -- shaking my head in wonder at anyone who gets 100+ days.

For years that I've kept track, all weekday warrioring with 1 or 2 trips a year, I've had 30 - 50 days outside (usually including 5-10 days of ice).

'Never enough' is obviously the correct answer