Author Topic: Even more SNOW  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Even more SNOW
« on: March 12, 2014, 06:44:24 AM »
I'm sorry folks but I am SO done with this snow thing this year! The very idea of getting another foot+ just makes me crazy. Or should I say, the idea of having to clean up another foot of it makes me crazed.
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Even more SNOW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 09:02:19 AM »
Want to come ride along in the plow truck? As bad as this one might end up being, at least it's not hitting on a Friday when ALL the idiots are around....

DLottmann

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 10:25:48 AM »
Hooray for a great Spring skiing season! Why rush black fly season? Followed by too hot & humid season?

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 10:29:17 AM »
I'm sorry folks but I am SO done with this snow thing this year! The very idea of getting another foot+ just makes me crazy. Or should I say, the idea of having to clean up another foot of it makes me crazed.
I'm with you Al. Heating costs this year really wiped me out financially...of course the $800/month in child support didn't help much either   :-\

Looking forward to warmer weather so I can recoup the costs and try to save up for next year's heating bills.
~G
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 10:35:29 AM »
Rock fever will reach epic proportions in NE this spring

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 10:49:09 AM »

Meet me at Cannon Al and learn to enjoy the snow! 100% open and it will all be ungroomed. :)

Offline DGoguen

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 11:19:36 AM »
I think I felt a little tear run down my cheek as I put the plow on this morning.  :'(

Hooray for a great Spring skiing season! Why rush black fly season? Followed by too hot & humid season?

Ahhh shutup ;D
Don't Climb

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 11:49:37 AM »
I left Jackson Hole yesterday depressed, as they had just gotten 11 inches of new pow up high; I'm back in Bartlett and will be skiing fresh powder at Wildcat tomorrow  ;D 8)! Life is good!! I'm with Dman-- another few weeks of good skiing before the Black Fly Evil of early summer in NH. At least I can avoid the worst of them by climbing rock in CT and at the Gunks when the snow melts there!

Offline SA

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 01:35:36 PM »
For most "normal" people, in the general population; the older segment tires of Winter quicker and some have little use for the season. The well off escape to warmer climates.

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »
For most "normal" people, in the general population; the older segment tires of Winter quicker and some have little use for the season. The well off escape to warmer climates.

+++
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 01:56:32 PM »
I'll take cold and snow over humidity and rain any day. Way more pleasant hiking and climbing in snow, rockclimbing in rain just sucks IMO. At least with cold you can add more cotton shirts. Humidity and rain you can only take off so much before offending nature. :o

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 03:06:33 PM »
Heavy snow will continue into the early morning hours Thursday, with lighter snow and snow showers continuing through Thursday afternoon. This will likely be the heaviest snowfall across the higher summits so far this winter season, with storm snowfall totals of 18-24 inches; with localized amounts of up to 30 inches possible.

From Mount Washington's daily morning report this am! :)

Thursday and Friday at Cannon, Sat at Ragged in the trees and Sunday at wildcat! ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:08:15 PM by DaveR »

Offline perswig

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »
Got the day off and thinking about heading up Hillman's tomorrow.

Or maybe Gulf of Slides.

Who's in?
Dale

(edit:  kidding, of course .... unless the stability on my windshield seems bomber, then it's 'green light' all the way, baby!)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:43:15 PM by perswig »
If it's overhanging, I'm probably off-route.

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 05:17:57 PM »

Sunny and 55 out here at 9,000'

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 09:48:03 AM »
While John is in southern Colorado at Copper Mt yesterday at 10k feet it was 30, sunny and no wind. Those beach chairs and cold Ranger IPA's were a great mid day break at the base of Timberline Express.

Actually brought ice gear to climb a route in Redstone - Avocado Gully - but it basically sublimated out when I got here on Monday. Will drive by Vail today to see if anything easy is in as I do have a partner who can make it from Boulder.

With that the Colorado ice season is certainly shorter than ours and allot has much higher avy danger then we ever see in NH.