Author Topic: Who do you know ?  (Read 1631 times)

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
Who do you know ?
« on: March 12, 2014, 05:35:09 PM »
On this site or others..who do you know ? Or want to know ? :o

darwined

Re: Who do you know ?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 07:17:16 PM »
I know a couple folks from this site.  All of them are good people and fun partners. 

I wouldn't mind meeting you Strand.  I'd also like to meet Shepards Pie and MSprague.

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 07:22:25 PM »
There is a woman on MP, goes by the name of fossana. I think she is from out your way, Strand. There is something about her. She does these crazy alpine solos that would scare the shit out of me, seems smart and articulate, takes great photos, seems cool and a little fierce, which I find attractive. I think I have a mild internet crush on her. It would be interesting meeting her. Other than that..hmm, Meghan Fox? We could talk about religion.  ???

As far as people here, do I have to admit that? lol
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:41:28 PM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 07:30:23 PM »
I'm really scary in person, Darwined ;D  I think it may be my eyeball that regularly poops out. You'll have to get out to Green's this year, though I may be spending more time at Rumney  too to try to get my climbing strength back up. Just getting my AARP invitation in the mail last week has gotten me feeling decrepit and it is pissing me off.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:37:02 PM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline ELM

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »
    Really depends on what you mean by "know" right? If it's who I could pick out of a line-up then it's: Al, Dman, David_G48, Tradman,Smear, MAmedic and Oldschool. Now it sounds sappy but I care about all of them more than some random guy on the street. But I only would ever say I really "know" one of them.
    Who would I like to meet. Yeah Strand is at the top of the list. But I'de also like to just have another beer with Smear and Oldschool and listen too.
Ed Matt
" I release my attention: because of you now I am in danger!!! " -Champ

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 09:39:51 PM »
Welcome to "official" middle-age, Mark.  You get used to it.  What else is there to do ? :)
Now this sounds totally nutty but I like to meet Champ, but only under the "right" circumstances. :)

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 09:55:22 PM »
Now this sounds totally nutty but I like to meet Champ, but only under the "right" circumstances. :)

+
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 10:17:34 PM »
Thanks, Soon. I think I may have actually met Champ briefly while I was climbing at Cathedral with Olga a few years ago, but I am not sure. I don't think I have actually met John in person unless it was very early in my climbing while Whitey was dragging me around, though we email and have the same new routing bug, so I feel like I have. I actually have know quite a few here at least a little bit from bumping into them repeatedly over the years at the crags, some more than others. Climbing definitely makes a connection for me, even if I haven't actually tied into the same rope. Even people I think are assholes sometimes, once I look past that, there is a brotherhood (or sisterhood)

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 10:26:06 PM »
I know Darwined and climber57r. I have met, on several occasions, SA. Champ once and I think I met Chinos once at Longstack. I'd defiantly like to meet Strand And M_sprague. Both inspiring climbers. Pete Jackson seems like an intriguing fellow as well. Though I don't know a lot of you in person it's a highlight of my day to read the forums and occasionally chime in. You are all a valuable resource. Thank you all for keeping the stoke high!!!
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 09:36:05 AM »
i think I actually have met only a couple of people from here..of course old Eric...maybe next time I'm in NE

Hey mark..Fossana has some med knowledge as well

darwined

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 09:59:19 AM »
I may or may not have done some internet creepin' on fossana ;D

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 10:21:39 AM »
Most everyone i have met has been pretty cool.

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 11:06:42 AM »
Can't say as I "know" anyone on here that well.  But before I started climbing I got to know SA a bit when we did some work for him.  Bumped into him a couple times out on the rock since.  Al showed my wife and I the way up Upper Refuse last summer, had a good time.  Met DMan once when we did a trade, and I know I saw Soon at Rumney last spring but didn't get a chance to talk.  I'd like to hear some of the stories from Strand and Sprague, and I think Ward and I share a fair number of the same views so I wouldn't mind having a beer or 2 with him. :)

So, with this thread, shall we resurrect the "Beer night" thread?

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 02:38:27 PM »
I dont believe I have actually met anyone on here actually. Actually I have climbed with Wally a few times.  Im in conway a fair amount, looking to actually move up there at some point soon.  Would like to meet and climb with more people on here!

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 08:09:37 PM »
John, sorry I did not make it to Red Bones when you were in town 2(?) years ago.  If you like, give me a heads-up when you come East next time. 
@Fossana, I looked her up on MP.  She looks a little mean, pretty sure she can kick a lot of asses.  Sounds like Mark's type. :)

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ