Author Topic: Who do you know ?  (Read 1692 times)

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: Who do you know ?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 09:18:16 PM »
maybe,,but how is she with a wire brush ?

Offline OldEric

• NEClimbs God
  • climb on
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 09:21:11 PM »
Too many

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 10:16:09 PM »
John, sorry I did not make it to Red Bones when you were in town 2(?) years ago.  If you like, give me a heads-up when you come East next time. 
@Fossana, I looked her up on MP.  She looks a little mean, pretty sure she can kick a lot of asses.  Sounds like Mark's type. :)
How can you call this mean?

She doesn't look mean, Soon.  ;) I am not saying I am lusting after her. She just seems like she would be intriguing to meet. Yes I do like strong women, fierce in the sense of brave personalities, but not mean.

maybe,,but how is she with a wire brush ?
I see she does say she likes death marches. Judging from the choss she solos I suspect she is into 'natural' and not a fan of brushing though.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:45:02 PM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline perswig

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 07:05:41 AM »
^^
From that pic, I'd say she likely knows how to handle a wire brush.
However, y'all might not like what she does to you with it.

YMMV!
Dale 
If it's overhanging, I'm probably off-route.

Offline Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 10:23:30 AM »
On this site or others..who do you know ? Or want to know ? :o

I know Bradley White pretty well. Helped him move this summer. Such an encyclopedia of old climbing knowledge, that guy. He took me on a tour of the obscure once, and it was quite an adventure. I've met and am fortunate to know many of the RCA folks like MSprague, Sneoh, rose, ethatch, Ed E, Den, and a few more. I've shared a rope with jbeta, jayconway, and xxleeweexx. Beyond that, I said 'Hi' to Al once at the geriatric walls a few years back. Also, like most of you, I bought a jacket or two from Chuck. Does that count? :)

I'd be psyched to run in to or meet any of the regulars from this site. I haven't met too many climbers I don't like.
We came to climb, not to whine.

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 11:18:27 AM »
I'm suprised sometimes by how few people i have actually climbed with..for 25 years, i did maybe 95% of my climbing with a handful of people  and 2 of them are no longer with us...maybe it was all the time scrubbing and wandering around in the woods ? :P

Offline steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 02:22:26 PM »
I know Strand :'( :'( :'(

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 05:12:50 PM »
Can't say as I "know" anyone on here that well.  But before I started climbing I got to know SA a bit when we did some work for him.  Bumped into him a couple times out on the rock since.  Al showed my wife and I the way up Upper Refuse last summer, had a good time.  Met DMan once when we did a trade, and I know I saw Soon at Rumney last spring but didn't get a chance to talk.  I'd like to hear some of the stories from Strand and Sprague, and I think Ward and I share a fair number of the same views so I wouldn't mind having a beer or 2 with him. :)

So, with this thread, shall we resurrect the "Beer night" thread?

You can have a beer with me but I'll be drinking wine unless there is no other option, lol.

I'd met Jim Ewing in Clifton Maine but then met him by crazy chance at Arapiles in Australia in the 80's (do you still have that photo of me placing a friend while onsighting Taste of Honey?).  Strandman was my inspiration to climb 5.12 in the 80's seeing him and his less than 3% bodyfat physique bouldering at Lincoln Woods .  Old Eric kicked my ass and won the first comp I ever entered at the original Boston Rock gym (imagine a 5.12 slab for the finals in any modern comp!).  Sun we called the plastic prince for the disparity between his gym and rock performances.  Never mind Mark Sprague asking me "Do you think the rain will hold off?" as Smitty and I laughed our asses of at Owl's (we had watched the radar) just as a two day monsoon moved in (He and his girlfriend were literally flooded out of their tent).

There are plenty more....mostly good times all around.

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 08:29:43 PM »
Just poking fun at you, Mark.
I think a road trip is in order for you. 

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 11:01:20 AM »
i feel like the Godfather " i will make all the proper introductions"

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2014, 08:00:28 PM »
I'm suprised sometimes by how few people i have actually climbed with..for 25 years, i did maybe 95% of my climbing with a handful of people 
I certainly climbed with a lot more different people my first 10 to 12 years.  While I know quite a few climbers, my climbing circle has become considerably smaller the last 6 to 8 years.  Hopefully it is not a sign of old age, John!!   I need to break out of that.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline Joe_Re

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2014, 09:53:35 PM »
Don't really know anyone but I'd like to meet anyone who is willing to bring the beer.
"Men hang out signs indicative of their respective trades: shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; a jewler a monster watch; and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the Franconia Mountains of New Hampshire god almighty has hung out a sign to say in New England he makes men".
Daniel Webster 18?

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2014, 08:12:26 AM »
Think you're dreaming, Joe--this is a climbers' forum; most of us old dirt bums barely bring enough for ourselves ;D 8)

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 11:36:07 AM »
Beer= friendship..fact    Tc and i met outside a packy,, that was that.

i remember bringing a FULL cooler while working on Clean  Sweep..drank all of it....talk about horrified tourists  >:(

Offline xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2014, 06:24:18 PM »
I'd like to add to my list of people I'd like to know... I'm gonna add Perswig. The dude hands out free gear like candy on Halloween. Not that I want the gear but a dude with Karma points like that has to be a pleasure to climb with.
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"