General > Gear Exchange

road bike?

(1/2) > >>

slacker:
Hey,

I'm looking for a road bike for sale.  I'm 5'10 so anything between 54cm and 58cm would probably work. 
Thanks in advance!
Matt

Climber57r:
Sent a couple links over to you. Some good bikes for sale on Craigslist. One thing to consider is the crank. A triple up front (Granny gear) is pretty helpful with the hills up your way. The compact crank right out of the gate can be a bit tough IMO. Al should be able to give quite a bit of input in this department.

Admin Al:
I ride everything here with a compact crank, including Hurricane Mountain Road. That said, the hills can be brutal. You can't hardly go out of my driveway without going up something pretty quickly - at least rollers. ;-)

ELM:
Slacker, I have a great basic road bike that would fit you. I'm 5'9 with a 30" inseam and it fit me perfect. It's a 55cm Lemond Reno. I updated it so it has carbon cranks and it has a full Ultegra drivetrain, it's a triple. It's was my full time road ride until 3 years ago. It has been very well cared for and everything is mechanically sound, I'm a former bike  mechanic. I'de take $400 for it. PM me if you are interested.

Admin Al:

--- Quote from: ELM on March 17, 2014, 08:27:14 AM ---Slacker, I have a great basic road bike that would fit you. I'm 5'9 with a 30" inseam and it fit me perfect. It's a 55cm Lemond Reno. I updated it so it has carbon cranks and it has a full Ultegra drivetrain, it's a triple. It's was my full time road ride until 3 years ago. It has been very well cared for and everything is mechanically sound, I'm a former bike  mechanic. I'de take $400 for it. PM me if you are interested.

--- End quote ---

that sounds like a great deal!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version