NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: It ain't rocket science folks  (Read 1597 times)

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
Re: It ain't rocket science folks
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2013, 11:33:08 PM »

I think the food scares me more than the runouts. Tried to buy butter in Seneca once. I pointed out that the stuff they called butter in the (dairy) cooler right next to the pasturized, processed american cheese food product was some kind of fake butter spread and not actually butter or for that matter anything that remotely resembles butter . The response was something to the effect that if I wanted real butter I might find it in Elkins :o

DGoguen

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Re: It ain't rocket science folks
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2013, 09:13:14 AM »

I think the food scares me more than the runouts. Tried to buy butter in Seneca once.
Got the special at Yokum's restaurant in Seneca once. One item only on the menu.Chicken fried steak. I think we got the "yankee" cut. Basically batter fried gristle. Only meal in my life I couldn't choke down. Smiled and said thank you though, we're not In Kansas anymore.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:02:37 PM by DGoguen »
Don't Climb

Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
Re: Re: It ain't rocket science folks
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2013, 02:31:53 PM »

I think the food scares me more than the runouts. Tried to buy butter in Seneca once.
Got the special at Yokum's restaurant in Seneca once. One item only on the menu.Chicken fried steak. I think we got the "yankee" cut. Basically batter fried gristle. Only meal in my life I couldn't choke down. Smiled and said thank you though, we're not In Kansas anymore.

Now that reminds me of home. I spent many many summers there. Protip: eat breakfast at Yokums, dinner at Harpers / Front Porch. Do not reverse the polarity or you'll be shocked. :)
We came to climb, not to whine.

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2014, 08:50:22 AM »

No we are back into this Trad climbing nonsense. There is nothing traditional about modern gizmo gear climbing. traditional climbing is pitons,slung chockstones the ocasional bolt ladder with homemade hangers, wooden runged aiders, shoulder stands, sausage, cheese, bread, wine and knickers.

Mostly sausages, with the exception of Bonnie Prudden...
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2014, 08:33:41 PM »

Hans and Fritz scored more that just Bonnie;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 23 queries.